Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: that \"eerie\" feeling pt.2 ..new to full ring...25/50 PS v. empire2

[ QUOTE ]
Kh is really really unlikely...that turn is perfect, I think you are behind here, but shoving here is perfect as a semibluff. You have outs if he calls, and no higher sets can call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh, i disagree that he can't call with a higher set. The Ah makes the hand interesting for him too since it eliminates the vast majority of flush draws from our range when and if we shove this turn

i still think leading here is the best play though
Old 05-14-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: that \"eerie\" feeling pt.2 ..new to full ring...25/50 PS v. empire2

there's no reason our hand can't be QJhh or something dumb like that. Its much harder for the set to call then you all think, although its definately possible. Shove the turn I feel is the way to go.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:16 PM

This whole hand feels like he's got a bigger set. The only other choice is that he flopped a big flush, like KQhh and didn't feel the need to get it all in on the flop there. Most of the other posters seem to be convinced that if he had flopped a flush, all of the money would've gone in on the flop, so that's really the only option there.

If he has a bigger set, then we can push the turn if we think he will fold. If you don't think he's gonna fold, then I think that you have to check/fold to a turn bet or you could push the river if he checks behind on the turn.

That Ah on the turn really screws things up here a lot.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ehh, i disagree that he can't call with a higher set. The Ah makes the hand interesting for him too since it eliminates the vast majority of flush draws from our range when and if we shove this turn

[/ QUOTE ]
We could easily have flopped a flush though. Does he really call with a set here?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kh is really really unlikely...that turn is perfect, I think you are behind here, but shoving here is perfect as a semibluff. You have outs if he calls, and no higher sets can call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i like shoving the river rather than the turn if you are hoping to fold out a higher set
Old 05-14-2007, 04:36 PM

c/f > push > c/c
Old 05-14-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what strizzaaate said
Old 05-14-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i like shoving the river rather than the turn if you are hoping to fold out a higher set

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100%. If he has a set he might call the turn but prob not the river, and will def take the free card to try and boat up. Would you bet this turn with the Th9h? I'm guessing no, which almost makes it an easier call for a set. (of course, you probably wouldnt limp/call with this hand anyways so i dunno.)
Old 05-14-2007, 05:04 PM

after thinking about it more i'm rather confident in a range of KQhh, KKh, QQh, maybe JJh for the villain here, assuming he's not doing anything really weird. smaller flushes or higher sets will generally shove the flop to protect/value their hand.

He's not folding any of these heart-having hands, so c/f turn unless you're getting odds to chase a boat. Not sure what to do if he checks behind, but unless the board pairs i'd probably c/f that too.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: that \"eerie\" feeling pt.2 ..new to full ring...25/50 PS v. empire2000

[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this post by saying I have absolutely no clue how to play FR and feel extremely lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't the private NYC games you play in mostly FR?