Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: NL50 on pokerstars now with sound

Another 14 minutes watched. Some more comments...

A5s at 23 min: I like a raise or fold here more than a call.

88 at 31 min: I fold this to the flop bet.

99 at 32 min: I think it goes either way, wether to reraise or call preflop. On the flop, I like a lead.

Let me know if you want anything clarified. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Dumle
Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 PM

40 minutes watched total.

77 at 38 min: On that board, I c-bet this all day long.

A9o at 38 min: That's a pretty bad player on the button. Raise it up!

I'll watch the rest tommorrow. It looks good, though. Can't see any major leaks so far. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Dumle
Old 09-06-2007, 04:00 AM

@ Dumble:

I don't like having regualrs on my left that 3bet me light in position. However sunhunter did not do this so it was indeed good to have him on my left did not realize that in the video tough.

Alright, ten more minutes watched. Three more comments.

AQs at 14 min: Why valuebet more? do you think weak aces are going to call a bet that big on the river?

A6o at 13 min: Yeah probably goot to fold this PF, I just started completing with Ax hands think I am going to stop doing this. As played I don't like folding to minraises that's why I called and hoped to improve my hand on the turn.

Do you play this hand the same as the Ax hand or is betting for protection good here since we now are afraid of overcards?

SB: $21.75
Hero (BB): $53.25
UTG: $16.90
MP: $49.65
CO: $62.30
BTN: $28.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($2) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5.00</font>, Hero folds

Q5s at 20 min: I don't I raise it up with a very wide range against someone who's posting dead money. If he was a limper instead of posting his dead blind I would have folded it.

A5s at 23 min: yeah probably to passive doing this but I do this because I feel like playing this hand but don't feel like raising it from MP.

88 at 31 min: I fold this to the flop bet. yeah Prob is good with two overs on the board

99 at 32 min: I don't like re-raising this PF because I prob have to get it all in against this guy. Don't think he's folding any hand that he raises with from UTG here.
Why do you lead flop here?

77 at 38 min: On that board, I c-bet this all day long.
I never c-bet in situations like this in a 3way pot leak?

A9o at 38 min: That's a pretty bad player on the button. Raise it up!
Yeah should have done that was thinking about it but decided not too. Pretty sure you are right and a raise is good here since limping the button is just so weak.

Thanks for the comments, feel free to comment on my responces

Xea
Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: NL50 on pokerstars now with sound *DELETED*

Post deleted by king_nothing_
Old 09-06-2007, 05:06 AM

you have to download this one: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp
Old 09-06-2007, 05:12 AM

Ahh. Just deleted my post because I found a media player that worked for it. Thanks anyway though.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:12 AM

Will comment later tonight, in quite a hurry right now. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Dumle
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 AM

Ok, I watched most of it now...

AJs at 53m... you mention that if the shorty had pushed the low flop you would have called with your AJ (2 overs). Is that standard for everyone here?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 AM

Good video. Its just about the only micro stakes video I've seen so far that I actually consider very well played (not counting cardrunners).

Quick note about who's giving comments on your play: I've played NL50 exclusivly the last 1.5 months. 25k hands @ 5,71 bb/100 running 21 % below expected all in value.

BTW: This post got a bit long. I was pausing the video and typing as I watched it and I never ment for it to be this long. Now that I wrote all this stuff I'll post it anyway.

A6, 13min: I agree with completing. You're getting 7:1, there's no raise. I dont like that you're leading out on the flop into 3 players though. I'd check and call a bet. I probably wouldnt overcall. If its checked around I'd bet out on the turn, unless something like 8d falls.
When the guy min raises you, you might wanna fold, but 4:1 is pretty tempting. He might do it with a flush draw to get a free card, but thats about all you can beat. When you chose to call though you cant fold on the turn when you're still getting 4:1. Thats too weak. First of all, to fold there you have to be more than 80 % sure you're beat. Im rarely that sure with top pair against an unknown like Battyj who has 80% VPIP after 15 hands. If I called the flop getting 4:1 Im calling the turn too in this case.
I think this was very strange played. Lead out, call a min raise and then fold turn getting 4:1. When players see you play like this they might think you're a weak player and start making moves on you. I dont want that table image.

AQ, 13 min: Well played. Im glad you didnt fold to his small check-raise. Better than 3:1 odds are too good to fold here. Also, a re-raise is no good without a read because most players wont call with a weaker holding than yours. I'd make a note on this player "small check-raise on flop as a probe with weak hand". He probably had a small-med pocket pair or perhaps a weak ace.

Q5s, 20min: Borderine play in my opinion. There's still 4 players to act and one got position on you. I wouldnt do go for a steal here. Even on the BTN against only 2 blinds I might not even attack with Q4s. Its a very weak holding.

A3o, 22min: I agree with folding here. You know nothing about beno73 yet and its such a trouble hand.

A5s, 23min: I'd do the same thing from the cut-off, not MP. On the BTN I'd raise btw. Overlimping MP and overlimping CO might seem close but I think there's a big difference between having 1 and 2 player behind you. I play much much tighter UTG/MP than I do in CO/BTN. I do make exceptions though with these kind of hands if the table is very loose/passive.

Q9s, 23.5min: Borderline, but acceptable against a tight BTN. I probably wouldnt do it since the SB is unknown, but I dont really fault you for making the play.

AKo, 24min: I agree with what you said. Dangerous board. I'd fold to any kind of substantial raise too because even if Im a favourite here Im probably only a small favourite against pair+str draw or something like that. I wouldnt wanna play a big pot here OOP without reads. If I get a call I check the turn.

T8s, 24.5min: This is an interesting hand IMO. You raise an UTG limper who limps a lot and get a call from BB+UTG. The board is pretty ragged. BB checks, UTG leads into you for slightly more than 1/4 of the pot. I think its the right play to fold, but in a slightly different situation I'd raise here. If I were alone with UTG and he had a stack that was a little bit bigger(say 30) I'd raise him to about 9. I think he might be making a probe bet with a 6 or a 3 or a small PP or something like that. You dont know much about him except that he limps a lot. This would have been a good time to put him to the test. I might have made this play if UTGs stack had been bigger even with BB in the pot. BB seems tight. He's gonna fold anything except a set here. Chances are close to zero he has two pair or a draw.

28min: Did you notice how beno73 donk-betted his flopped straight? The move I suggested above would probably not have worked. This would have been good to make a note about. I'd also make a note about how smcnamara limped in MP with AJs and then just called the small river bet with top 2 pair. Classic callingstation probably who only raises with the nuts or close to it. This was a very valuable hand for information although you didnt play it. Easy to miss when you multi table.

88, 31min: I'd fold the flop here because Im starting to notice how beno73 plays. He plays ultra ABC. Leads out when he hits, regardless of who had the PF initiative (even when flopping the nuts), and checks if he misses. I dont fault you for the call though since you probably didnt notice fully how he played the straight earlier.

99, 32min: Well played every decision.

A9, 38min: I'd raise. Beno73 limps every hand and is very predictable post flop. Your way ahead of his range, so punish him for all the limping.

77, 38.5min: I'd bet this flop against 2 opponents. Its a very safe flop. You'll usually only be called by pocket pairs, a queen or a flushdraw. You have to bet here for protective purposes. You dont want J9 or other trash to draw out. Even if you get called you're still ahead of some hands.
When you chose to wait until the turn before betting I wish you had bet a little less. Both have indicated weakness, especially STMisTy who checked twice. There's only one card to come and few draws. 3.5-4 would have been enough.

77, 43min: Its borderline, but I'd probaby call here. You have 10.5:1 max implied odds. You got position and you've seen STMisTy stack off light before (4bet shove w AK, huge overbet). 10:1 is the minimum implied odds I take when playing for set value. You cant be sure you'll stack your opponent every time, so your implied odds might not be as high as 10.5:1, but I dont think STMisTy will be going anywhere if she flops an overpair to your set.

K8, 44min: I'd attack the blinds with this hand when everybody folds. K8 is a head of 2 random holdings, and you'll have position plus the initiative. Attacking 3 blinds with Q4s from CO and not attacking 2 blinds with K8o from BTN seems like contradiction to me..

45min: Beno73 bet flop, turn and river with bottom pair after calling a raise PF. Wow this guy is bad. AJ2684 raised UTG with J7s and then called 3 bets post flop with bottom pair. Hard to pick who is the worse of them, but this hand was a goldmine of information. I'd be making plenty of notes after that hand. I saw you noted AJ2684 calling down with bottom pair, but you didnt notice his PF raise with J7s UTG. I also have noticed now that Beno73 bets small both with the nuts and 3rd pair. Nice to know.

AJs, 49min: I'd call here. Its a semi-strong hand and you're getting good odds, even though you're out of position. The fact that the 2 other opponents seem like very bad players makes this a good precentage play and an easy call IMO.

K3s, 50min: I'd make this river-call. You're getting 4:1 and you can beat a bluff and a duce. Even if you dont have the best hand the 50 cent might be worth it just for the information alone.

62o, 51min: STmisTy seem to have been attacking your blind just about every time she had the chance. Im not gonna push back with 62o, but it might be time to start thinking about re-raising light to put here back in line.

K6o, 52min: I think this hand is good enough for a steal.

AJs, 53min: I agree with the flop check, but I'd bet the turn. If they had any pair they probably would have bet themselfs by now. You probably have the best hand, so make a 1/2-1/3 pot bet to avoid getting drawn out on by a random hand.
It turned out one of them had a 5, but I think most of the time you'd take it down on the turn.

86s, 55min: I agree with the flop check. Very likely to have hit somebody and ANDIE1 might push over your bet if he hit anything at all.
Nice valuebet on the river. Perfect size.

----

I noticed you seem to play a bit tight from the small blind when its blind vs blind. In that situation you're getting 3:1 odds against 2 random cards. No hand is a 3:1 underdog against a random hand.
This is how I play BvB from SB: Against a random big blind I play about 70% of my hands, raising about 35% of them. I raise any pair, any ace, any suited king, any 2 cards 10+, K6o+, suited connectors 76s+. The rest I limp with. I only fold the most trahy ones like 2,3,4 combined with 7,8,9,10.
If the BB is agressive I'll adjust though, but unless he puts pressure on me I'll take a flop with most hands and raise very wide.

Your pre-flop game is pretty good. Too bad we didnt get to see more tough post flop decisions. I would definatly watch another movie if you posted it.

One last thing: You said you usually play 4-6 tables. I'd recomend only playing 2-3 if you want to work on your game. When you play 4-6 tables at once you have to make all decisions very quick and most of them are made by the auto pilot. You dont have time to think long about tough decisions and you dont have time to watch your opponents play hands you're not in to learn about how they play.
I only recomend playing 4+ tables for players who feel they've learned enough at this level and only wishes to build bankroll to move up.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I watched most of it now...

AJs at 53m... you mention that if the shorty had pushed the low flop you would have called with your AJ (2 overs). Is that standard for everyone here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I said I called the all in if he pushed pre flop not on a flop like this.