Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: The decline of the Trop...

I'm a relatively new live player and the Trop was the only place I've played in AC until last weekend. I was undefeated my first 9 trips to AC(trop) so I really had no desire to play elsewhere, but finally lost on Thurs and decided to check out some new scenery. So I hit up the TAJ on Friday and I have to say that their room is a lot more enjoyable for me. I will not return to the trop until they install auto shufflers. I realized how damn slow the games are without them, I can't see a reason to sit through that torture anymore. The accessibility of the bar was one reason I liked the Trop but the waitresses bring the drinks so fast at the TAJ that it's not even a concern. They had a lot of action and players coming in one after another. I do like the atmosphere at the trop but I won't be back anytime soon.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Is AC trop getting a new room? I have been hearing this for awhile.... I know a lot of live players in AC that don't play at the borgata regularly because of their chips.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:52 AM

It's only going to get worse.

The room has had a steady decline for the past 10 years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Does the Trop in Vegas have a room as well?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:12 AM

Is AC trop getting a new room? I have been hearing this for awhile

I have heard this rumor since December 05.

Not too long ago the Trop replaced the louger area with slot machines. Doing away with the lounge angered myself and my friend John because we used to enjoy taking a break listening to music and watching the "pros" work the "johns".

Once John spotted a girl who worked at a supermarket he shopped at.

I know a lot of live players in AC that don't play at the Taj regularly because of their chips.

When did this chip conspiracy start? Bring a bottle of Purell if the chips look dirty.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:12 AM

It is clearly obvious why the tropicana has been on a decline..

The loss of...
- 80% of their great staff and strong dealers going to Borgata when they first opened in July 2003. (TK also left about a year ago)
- $1 hotdog, bag of chips and soda Deal.
- Carlos Mendez as a railbird.
- Patches moving to Vegas.

Joe V. taking all the dead money in the Pink Game has finally taken its toll on all the losing players.

These reasons are clearly why the room has been on a decline.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of live players in AC that don't play at the Taj regularly because of their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny you say that about the Taj because I know alot of players that don't like Borgata because of their unshufflable chips. The overly aggressive kids and the good looking girls make up for that.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 AM

You mean Augustine Mendez [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Joe V. taking all the dead money in the Pink Game has finally taken its toll on all the losing players.

Dante did the same thing before he went away. No limit also had taken a bite out of the pink game.

Some of the gypsies still player there like Jimmy and his crew.

I play at the Trop from time to time.

I still see the same players playing $1-$5 stud in the games I started playing in 7 years ago.

(TK also left about a year ago)

Hilton baby Hilton.

Prodigy you continue to have your finger on the pulse of the AC poker scene.

One more thing to consider, The Trop used to spread $10-$20-$30 hold em and $5-$10-$15 stud. The Trop also hosted the original only big bet game AC had at the time. The $5-$5 pot limit game that started at the Sands.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You mean Augustine Mendez [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Dante did the same thing before he went away. No limit also had taken a bite out of the pink game.

Some of the gypsies still player there like Jimmy and his crew.

I play at the Trop from time to time.

I still see the same players playing $1-$5 stud in the games I started playing in 7 years ago.

(TK also left about a year ago)

Hilton baby Hilton.

Prodigy you continue to have your finger on the pulse of the AC poker scene.

One more thing to consider, The Trop used to spread $10-$20-$30 hold em and $5-$10-$15 stud. The Trop also hosted the original only big bet game AC had at the time. The $5-$5 pot limit game that started at the Sands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, TK is at the Hilton. I hope he does a good job there. He's a great guy.

They also lost the hi-low stud game to the Taj. Boris and Nicky D used to run that 5-5 Pot Limit Game.

Thanks for the compliments Mike, but you know just as much as I do. However, I do know alot about Atlantic City, for someone under 25 years old. I've been in the card rooms since i was 18 years old. How old are you Mike?

Even though I don't know you or Jeffage, I'm pretty sure we had to have run into each other before. Maybe later on down the road, we can all meet up and hang out.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw him at Orleans a few weeks ago. He was playing in a 4/8 kill with my husband.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 11:43 AM

They also lost the hi-low stud game to the Taj.

2002 WSOP champion Robert Varkoni used to donate to that game whenever he played in it. The Taj turned the game from a $15-$30-$45 game to a $10-$20 half kill $15-$30 two way game.

How old are you Mike?

A generation older than you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I turn 40 in January.

I'm pretty sure we had to have run into each other before.

No doubt.