Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Dutch is working on a GaboonViper Amrageddon Day festival

[ QUOTE ]
Milton,

How can anyone not find Dutch interesting. He has a 150 IQ, started college at 12 and finished law school at 18, finished 12th when Moneymaker won the World Series, has won a gold bracelet.....and is completely out of his mind.

He is the Ultimate Tragic Hero!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

the guy is extremely interesting, a brilliant mind, yet mental illness. dutch will suffer greatly the remainder of his life. medication is barely passable as a treatment for his condition. bipolar has the highest suicide rate of any mental illness.

i wish i knew the extent of what really happened with his poker site. did he outright steal or was it too many freerolls and general mismanagement?

i wonder who lost the most money and what the average loss was? I'm guessing the highest loss might be around $5,000; i could be way off.

Johnny Hughes, nice post.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:44 AM

he got a 23 on the ACT i guess thats very impressive at 12 yrs old.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gaboon...
Dutch has obviously disappeared and will never be heard from again...Please join him

[/ QUOTE ]

he won a bracelet last year?

[/ QUOTE ]
well deserved bracelet, i might add
Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he got a 23 on the ACT i guess thats very impressive at 12 yrs old.

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, i beat that trippin acid
he's a douche with his 8th grade hickeys
Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i wish i knew the extent of what really happened with his poker site. did he outright steal or was it too many freerolls and general mismanagement?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as i know, he used player deposits to cover operating costs, which basically amounts to stealing.

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder who lost the most money and what the average loss was? I'm guessing the highest loss might be around $5,000; i could be way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I know somebody who lost more than that. I would imagine there were several players who lost 5 digits.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as i know, he used player deposits to cover operating costs, which basically amounts to stealing.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I know somebody who lost more than that. I would imagine there were several players who lost 5 digits.

[/ QUOTE ]

not much of an excuse for that. i think i read on his blog not only shifting the blame to the $$$ processor but blowing it off as the "Corporations" responsibility and him on a personal level having nothing to do with it.

he needs to make restitution. i find it hard to believe he won a tourney and didn't use some of that money to make things right.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Milton,

How can anyone not find Dutch interesting. He has a 150 IQ, started college at 12 and finished law school at 18, finished 12th when Moneymaker won the World Series, has won a gold bracelet.....and is completely out of his mind.

He is the Ultimate Tragic Hero!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting people say and do interesting things, not things that have been done before. And he isn't remotely a tragic hero he's an effing liar a thief and a scumbag.

I mean, Stu Ungar, and much as a throbbing jackass as he was qualifies more as a tragic hero than friggin' Boyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is he a thief?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...pot&spell=1

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, I read the whole interview in the blog. Guy strikes me as a major douchebag. Supposedly tried to broker a deal that as I read it would still have fallen far short of making good on what players were owed all the while still making him a handsome profit. Typical lawyer ethics.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He who has never been stoned should caste the first rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I found this extremely amusing & far better than the original:

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

[/ QUOTE ]

He who has never been stoned, should not sling rock.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gaboon...
Dutch has obviously disappeared and will never be heard from again...Please join him

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes pushing allin with the worst of it 4 times consecutively with a luckboxed chiplead in the hope of luckboxing a bracelet, completely deserved. Every allin hand w/ hachem he was behind.

Brilliant.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gaboon...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes pushing allin with the worst of it 4 times consecutively with a luckboxed chiplead in the hope of luckboxing a bracelet, completely deserved. Every allin hand w/ hachem he was behind.

Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure what poker you've been playing, exactly, but bullying with a dominated chip stack pre-flop HU is not only a completely viable strategy, it's the correct play against someone you may not be able to beat after the flop. And look at Hachem's reactions...it worked exactly like he wanted it to work.

But of course, we're going to question the strategy deployed by a proposed genius because we want to see better television.