Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Lead, C/R or CC this multi way pot OOP?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just read the responses.

i cant see a check here. thats bad poker in my opinion. i want to put others to a decision for the rest of their chips......not the other way around.

your playing reactive poker with a hand that should be played aggressively on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check, the shortstack shoves and you get a couple callers, you can then come over the top with a hand that probably has a ton of equity. You might even get one of the other callers to fold (mmmmm... dead moniez).

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree completely this time with you and chucky.

if this flop happens to get checked all the way around on this flop...........i'm going to be sick.

let me ask you this. if you happened to know this flop was going to get checked around........wouldnt you lead out and take it?

ive seen too many stupid things in poker and as much as i know that the bb is normally going to push and possibly set up a juicy check raise, i'm not going to take that chance. i'm not waiting.......i'm betting and i'll be more than happy to just go heads up with the shorty.

that would be a +ev situation for sure........no matter what bb may be holding.

if others want to stack off, then fine, i call and i'm more than priced in now. i cant lose in the long run playing it my way no matter what happens. i give myself 2 chances to win dictated by "ME"........ not them.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if this flop happens to get checked all the way around on this flop...........i'm going to be sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably have the most equity on this flop, but I might not be that far ahead of the other players (see my simulation above). If it gets checked around I get a free draw at the nuts.

[ QUOTE ]

let me ask you this. if you happened to know this flop was going to get checked around........wouldnt you lead out and take it?

ive seen too many stupid things in poker and as much as i know that the bb is normally going to push and possibly set up a juicy check raise, i'm not going to take that chance. i'm not waiting.......i'm betting and i'll be more than happy to just go heads up with the shorty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am gambling that the short-stack is going to bet it here, allowing me to get some dead money in the middle and allowing me to get more money in the pot faster. The short-stack will almost never check this flop.

In addition, the other stacks might feel committed once they have put a little money on the flop and call the huge c/r by you. Maybe they will have a king-high flush draw and feel they are live because you would only c/r raise pot with a set (in their minds).

Also, one of the other stacks might have a weaker flush draw and one pair and may try to steal the pot themselves (he saw you were weak and the short-stack's bet means nothing). You can then shove with perhaps the best hand.

If he checks, I get a free card while I am still drawing.

There is another consideration that most here will probably disagree with. I may not have enough equity to call the flop given the berserko action. I showed earlier that in some scenarios I am not being offered a good enough price to call if I am against a set and another flush draw (a very reasonable possibility given the flop action). You may want to fold here, although I would probably call in the heat of multi-table battle.

I'm not saying betting out pot is terrible, I would just prefer a c/r here. We both agree that we should try to get our money in the middle ASAP.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:18 AM

I think it's a very clear check on the flop, and I would shove when it comes back to me.