Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: who hates this?

he 3bet a hj raise preflop so his Ax range should be something like AT+.

why would he 3-bet the flop and check ~AT+ on the turn?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:28 AM

cause 'good' players dont call 2 bets on the flop and he cant fold?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would he check Ax on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when he checked the turn I was pretty sure he had a scared A and was trying to sd cheap

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That came off wrong I didnt know for sure that he had an A, but I couldnt think of what else he could have. I see lots of lagfish take this route to sd. I have no idea why, they just get scared when the bet doubles. What other hand could he have that he 3bets the flop?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:31 AM

nevermind i convinced myself that people are retarded and would probably b/c QQ/KK here anyway, so if he has that or Ax (whatever x is) then c/ring is better
Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 AM

i dont hate it, but I woudnt play the hand like this
Old 11-03-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt raise the flop if button was decent, but I thought he would be calling with such a huge part of his range. I hated it when he 3bet, but when he checked the turn I was pretty sure he had a scared A and was trying to sd cheap. I think it sucks bad if he checks behind and I probably shouldve had a better read before trying this play on him, but I just used the standard lagfish read and it worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You played river perfectly.By the way you´re talking, it seems to me that he had Ax.But I don´t think his turn check normally means that.I would expect a LAGfish that 3-bets flop to bet Ax on turn 100% of the time.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont hate it, but I woudnt play the hand like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one of the main reasons for making a play like this against this opposition is more for metagame than anything. If I can find plays like this when they present themselves (which admittedly isnt all that often) I can make the crazy lag think twice about vbing the river when I have a weakish hand I plan on showing down. This hand doesnt exactly fit the criteria of weak made hand, but it sends a message that he is liable to get checkraised real light any time he bets the river.

-A sidenote: I noticed a post by Heisenberg the other day about sexying and cr rivers and becoming comfortable making these plays. I think the river cr and sexy are great weapons in online sh games and I have neglected to use them in alot of situations where they would be useful. I think alot of it is a spillover from my live mindset where players never bet the big streets so it rare to get a cr in on the river. Anyway, I have had varying result so far, but have noticed some improvement in finding spots (mostly because I am now actively seeking them out).
Old 11-03-2007, 08:36 AM

Not sure if I am psychologically sample biasing, but I'd estimate I currently whiff on ~50% of all river sexies [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if I am psychologically sample biasing, but I'd estimate I currently whiff on ~50% of all river sexies [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When im running good I hit all my sexies. When im running bad they check behind top 2 when I sexy my set.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Results

So villain called and had the ole ATo, which is nice. If I was running bad he would've had K7 or something.