Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is a better vacation place?
Mountains 60 45.11%
Beach 73 54.89%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: WORST Player to ever with the WSOP ME

Someone give some background to how bad Fowler is - quick outline to that ridiculous bluff please.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:05 PM

I voted for Hellmuth because I want to see McCutter's reaction.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 PM

(suits, stacks may be off, David can't remember this hand perfectly)

Hoff v Fowler

200K approx stacks

Preflop:raise-Call

Flop:A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot 20K) check-check

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (20K pot) check-check

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Fowler goes AI for 190K (?!) more, Hoff folds, Fowler has nothing.

A 15-20K bet also gets Hoff to fold rags, if Hoff has a Jack here, it's the biggest blunder in WSOP history.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um; amarillo slim only beat 8 total peoples to win, so he's clearly the worst; jamie gold beat like a gazillion so he's clearly the best. On the inside of the coin however, Joe Hachem is very goot cuz he won with 7 3. You have to be a very strong player with alot of high statistics to win with 7 3. Tom Mcevoy won with pocket qq's, but even though that's a very good hand, i still think he's pretty good cuz it takes alot of training to conquer the ladies, which is why i think patrick antonius has a 75% shot of winning wsop this year, and jamie gold is very good; the past champion always has at least a 50% shot of winning. Mike Matusow could be a very good player, he has high bluff statistics, but his selfcontrol stat is on full tilt, which is why he hasn't been able to ssummon enough power to win the wsop. I think this is the first year that we're gonna have more than 1 winner, because everyone is so good. Doyle Brunson is like the wise old sage. He's played every hand like a million times, so he knows the exact proper way to play every hand. For example, AQ, is an automuck because it's like an imperfect hand. KQ is a married couple, QQ are the ladies, QJ are a mother and son, QT is a hot lady...all the way down to Q2, which is an ugly lady. But when you have AQ, how can you tell whether she's a 1 or an 11 unless your drunk? (in that case, the heineken uncertainty principle reduces as the event horizon of HP merges with the incoming matter). That confusion in the nohmencalature is what makes this hand an automuck. I went on a trip earlier this year to the wsop, and I learned all about how to play every single hand. private message me for coaching...and i will help your % of showdowns won increase by 15% in 15 quick minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am guessing this is stoned genius. I LOL'ed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
After Fowler and Varkonyi, I remember hearing that Irishman Noel Furlong was an uberdonk, making mistakes like folding his big blind and worse...
Old 07-04-2007, 02:11 PM

Final hand of 1979 WSOP:

Hoff started the hand by raising with his pocket aces, with Fowler making the now-automatic call. When the flop came Js-5h-3c, Hoff bet T40,000 into the T38,000 pot, with just another T43,000 behind. Fowler should have folded according to ‘conventional wisdom’ (a.k.a. math), with his 7s-6d, but a hunch told him there was a four coming to give him a straight. He finally made the call to see 4s hit on the turn.

(Credit to http://www.wisehandpoker.com/Handofd...ands-1979.php)

Also review final table broadcast:

1979 Final table, part 3/4
1979 Final table, part 4/4
Old 07-04-2007, 02:18 PM

that bluff is not that bad.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that bluff is not that bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been a little better if it was a bet and not a call.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Final hand of 1979 WSOP:

Hoff started the hand by raising with his pocket aces, with Fowler making the now-automatic call. When the flop came Js-5h-3c, Hoff bet T40,000 into the T38,000 pot, with just another T43,000 behind. Fowler should have folded according to ‘conventional wisdom’ (a.k.a. math), with his 7s-6d, but a hunch told him there was a four coming to give him a straight. He finally made the call to see 4s hit on the turn.

(Credit to http://www.wisehandpoker.com/Handofd...ands-1979.php)

Also review final table broadcast:

1979 Final table, part 3/4
1979 Final table, part 4/4

[/ QUOTE ]

Great footage. Especially Kenny Rogers singing the best poker song ever. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 03:56 PM

hal fowler. i played a few times with him in 1980 after he had won it. he was pretty bad.

we were playing 5 10 25 no limit and hal was giving away thousands and having fun. till stuey walked up and told him he was a piece of crap for having no gamble and not playing higher. he wanted to embarss hal. he did and hal left town and never returned to poker as far as i know. he also died some time after that.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Ray,

it's precisely things like that which remind me why Stu Ungar, for all his skills, was a disgrace and a net loss to the game of poker.
Closed Thread