Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Re: absolute and UB - are getting together.....

I really doubt that UB is getting rid of their software in this merger, it's clearly the better of the two.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if full contact poker is tied into this somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably, the kill tables were a big hint. The reason FCP cannot name their new software provider may be to avoid preempting the official UB-AP merger announcement.

Betting Champs (Ongame) is known to be looking for a new home and I suspect they are coming too. There are likely to be other ex-Futurebet skins moving as well now that Ongame has cracked down. As bad as that situation was I'm sure some of those skins are honest and solvent and in need of someplace to go. Just the law of averages at work.

I'm guessing that most of the "sports books" FCP promised are refugees from the Prima network. Prima's surprise 11-state ban cannot have gone over well with sports books that remain in the U.S. market. These companies are "all-in" because they are violating the Wire Act. There is no reason they should tolerate restrictions on their customers using the poker room.

What became of USA Poker after the iPoker pullout? Did I hear they were shopping for a home? Anyway I doubt that all of iPoker's licensees are happy with what happened.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 PM

UltimateBet Parent Excapsa Bought by Private Maltese Company
October 15, 2006
Amy CalistriPrint
Email to a friend
Post a comment Just one day before US President Bush signed the Unlawful Internet
Gambling Enforcement Act into law, Excapsa Software sold its entire operation to Blast Off Ltd, a privately owned Maltese company, for a reported $130 million. Excapsa, parent company of Ultimate Bet.com, was one of the last publicly traded online gaming companies to divest itself of its US operations prior to the signing of the law. Blast Off Ltd. operates Online Elimination Blackjack ™ and was associated with Excapsa via the Ultimate Blackjack Tour, the brainchild of former WSOP Champion and Team UltimateBet member Russ Hamilton.

they bought the software... they bought it all looks like.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
News

Posted: 3/11/2006
Absolute and Ultimate to announce merger on Monday
The wave of consolidation and mergers and acquisitions in the egaming industry continues as eGaming Review can reveal that Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet are to announce their official merger on Monday.
Rumours of a buy out of Ultimate Bet by Absolute Poker had been swirling around the industry for the past few weeks.

The two sites continue to take US bets, and are looking to consolidate liquidity levels in the wake of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA). Both sites are already sizeable players in the online poker sector, and the combined entity is expected to create one of the top three or four largest poker sites in the world.

Details are sketchy at this point, and it is unclear how the new company will be structured and marketed to its largely US player base, though it is thought there will be a strong marketing push in the US poker market in the near future. It is also unclear how this merger will affect the staff of both companies.

Sources at Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet were unavailable for comment.

[/ QUOTE ]Old news,people have been waiting for some more details,but,Whats up with the date????(They will officially announce this on monday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was dated November 3, 2006. A pretty significant portion of the world uses the format day/month/year.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:21 PM

what is contributed rake? is Absolute's rake different than other sites?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
News

Posted: 3/11/2006
Absolute and Ultimate to announce merger on Monday
The wave of consolidation and mergers and acquisitions in the egaming industry continues as eGaming Review can reveal that Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet are to announce their official merger on Monday.
Rumours of a buy out of Ultimate Bet by Absolute Poker had been swirling around the industry for the past few weeks.

The two sites continue to take US bets, and are looking to consolidate liquidity levels in the wake of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA). Both sites are already sizeable players in the online poker sector, and the combined entity is expected to create one of the top three or four largest poker sites in the world.

Details are sketchy at this point, and it is unclear how the new company will be structured and marketed to its largely US player base, though it is thought there will be a strong marketing push in the US poker market in the near future. It is also unclear how this merger will affect the staff of both companies.

Sources at Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet were unavailable for comment.

[/ QUOTE ]Old news,people have been waiting for some more details,but,Whats up with the date????(They will officially announce this on monday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was dated November 3, 2006. A pretty significant portion of the world uses the format day/month/year.

[/ QUOTE ]Got ya,thanks.I guess we will see monday what they have to say then huh.Ill be very interested.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:47 PM

Yeah, unlike the metric system compared to dumb English system, month/day/year ordering is stupid, because months are longer than days, and it makes more sense for them to be in order.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, unlike the metric system compared to dumb English system, month/day/year ordering is stupid, because months are longer than days, and it makes more sense for them to be in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny, no I mean stupid, no I mean funny, stupid. I wish I could figure the simple stuff out. I hate it when everyone does things differently. It makes more sense to do everything the way I like it.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:26 PM

go to the absolutepoker affiliate terms and conditions and you will see that they pay only for the money you put in the pot, or contributed...even though for ages they have talked about doing involved or dealt cards rake.

they also have a comment about deducting the bonuses and money that props collect. could be a terrible result.

ub has always been involved rake/dealt cards, but i haven't looked at their terms and conditions recently.

why do you think so many people are going to full tilt...they are the only big site that is doing dealt cards rake.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to the absolutepoker affiliate terms and conditions and you will see that they pay only for the money you put in the pot, or contributed...even though for ages they have talked about doing involved or dealt cards rake.

they also have a comment about deducting the bonuses and money that props collect. could be a terrible result.

ub has always been involved rake/dealt cards, but i haven't looked at their terms and conditions recently.

why do you think so many people are going to full tilt...they are the only big site that is doing dealt cards rake.

[/ QUOTE ]You are correct,they went to contributed about three months ago.I see many affiliates that still are claiming that it is dealt,but they are wrong.The strange thing is,my affiliate picked up on this,and changed their webpage to state it was contributed.I emailed them(my affiliate)to verify.They said they were 99% sure that it was now contributed,but that they were waiting for AP to confirm this(this was few weeks ago this conversation took place btw).It appeared on the surface that AP changed this in the cover of the night sorta speak,and my affiliate just picked up the change in their own numbers,never being told by AP at the time the change had taken place.