Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Short PRTY Buy WSEX

I hopped on the site for a min. earlier. There still arent too many people there. I think youd have a have a problem finding two full tables at any level you wanna play.

I haven't actually deposited money and played there though.

I'm not sure about PT, i havent kept up with the threads very much. I think I recall somebody trying to get hand historys emailed to them and not having much luck with it, but i dont really know.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:11 PM

I am short PRTY. It is a long-term play that I strongly believe will be very profitable.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 PM

Since this is my idea I would like to kick back and relax, and explain it to anyone who doesnt understand.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you were being sacrastic, but the above is wrong in any case.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post5301019

Gotta be quicker than this dude!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 PM

happy or not with party, whether wsex.com poker succeeds isnt totally important. Its the idea that there will now be sites which will operate on much smaller margins which will eventaully (1 year-5 years) cut down on the profits of the major sites. How do I short party by the way. It doesnt trade in the U.S does it?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:09 PM

ahnuld.. I had already linked your thread in this one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The discussion is good, I'm glad it was brought up again.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
happy or not with party, whether wsex.com poker succeeds isnt totally important. Its the idea that there will now be sites which will operate on much smaller margins which will eventaully (1 year-5 years) cut down on the profits of the major sites. How do I short party by the way. It doesnt trade in the U.S does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

More sites doesn't necessarily hurt Party... there are plenty of sites now!

What happens to WSEX when PartyGaming enters the Sportbook business?

Party trades on the London exchange!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am short PRTY. It is a long-term play that I strongly believe will be very profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What happens to WSEX when PartyGaming enters the Sportbook business?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snap, the old switcheroo

I think bodog would need to change their shorts if this happened as well.

[ QUOTE ]

-----------------------------------------------

Can you explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or more importantly, the details of the deal.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:04 AM

Im just going to come out and say Mr. Now has me terrified by how saracastic his post could possibly be, especially considering by dumb comment about this being my idea, which was only somewhat facetious

my marketocracy picks are a mix of motley fool and other recommendations ive found and done some DD from various sources, Jubak for example. I have no claims of being anything close to an expert but I do put some effort into the research.

I also have no idea what sort of margins Party has and I dont follow the pokerpulse data very carefully, its just if there was a reasonable alternative to party with little or no rake I would be very loyal to that poker site, and party would lose my business

I do agree that one should invest in what you know, or what those you know, know

For example I have a good friend who is an Apple fanatic and he can time the stock price movements incredibly well, in fact I think he could easily daytrade that one stock and live off it if he had a hundred grand to work with, hes also 21.

After my Shanda fiasco I am pretty much just diversifying heavily and trying to think about the market in an open manner, as it sure seems to be more complicated than I had first expected. Above and beyond the intelligent discussion here, I really appreciate the reading lists that are posted.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe PRTY is a poorly run business with a terrible affiliate model doomed to outpace revenues over the long haul. Many close competitors are slicing deeply into market share, and I have some inside information about the competition (not silly WSEX stuff, that's obviously doomed to fail/make no difference at all for the same reason that taxes won't ever go down) that based my decision to maintain a short position for the forseeable future.

By long-term play, I mean years, not months.

As for the OP, people don't care about rake. Try explaining to someone why the Income Tax Withholding Act is a vile and evil thing, and when they don't get it, understand why they will never realize why rake is killing them.

EDIT: As for the details of how I am short, I'd prefer not to discuss them in an open forum.