Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: More action

[ QUOTE ]
well, not 44

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't have 44
Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow I raise this too but can we actually discuss whether or not this is right.

- he likes the flop
- he has some kind of made hand on the turn
- the river helped him. if anything it should screw him.

wtf do we beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

every hand other than AT

[/ QUOTE ]

like what

I mean I dont want to put him on an exact hand but what other hands are there.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:40 PM

I think if this Villain is very solid and it is HU and he is not raising the turn with AT then you are not 3-betting the flop enough. Or you could be easy to read. Either way, if you lost this hand it shows that your hand was too transparent before then.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:23 PM

I find it hard to believe he can show you AT here. That's simply too big a hand to just check-call the turn. He's drawn out on A4, A2, still beats Ax, draws... it's just too much that he check-calls that hand.

If he did, then he's either not solid or you have some major tells.

So, assuming he IS solid and you do NOT have some major tells, what can he hold? 44? Highly unlikely he gives you credit for aces... so no. T4 / T2? Maybe if they were suited. I'd play 'em for 1/4 bet preflop. you hold 22 though, so that only leaves 3 combinations at most.

Any solid player would 3-bet your river raise with these. Are there some hands he can 3-bet on the river that you beat? Hmmm...

I can't think of much. You're getting 12:1 to call the 3-bet, which is actually a pretty small pot when you're talking about calling a river 3-bet. Hmmm... can you really fold? Hmmm...

I'd probably call, because I just don't fold full houses on 1-pair boards very often. If you did fold though, I wouldn't blame you, and it might even be right.

good luck.
eric
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean I dont want to put him on an exact hand but what other hands are there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flushes.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Me against a 2p2er. 22 in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
Raise. I also tend to smotth call the c/r heads up and raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-22-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Results

Well, I raised, he 3-bet, and I just called, because I realized that he had 44 and flopped a set as well. Fortunately I had this thought before I reached for any more chips to raise. I called, even though I had a good enough read I could have layed it down, but I figure it would be close either way.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I raised, he 3-bet, and I just called, because I realized that he had 44 and flopped a set as well. Fortunately I had this thought before I reached for any more chips to raise. I called, even though I had a good enough read I could have layed it down, but I figure it would be close either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you said he was a really solid player
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought you said he was a really solid player

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2+2 er in the hand, completed from the small blind.

I laughed to myself when I read... he doesn't have 44 , since I knew villian did have 44.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 AM

All right guys, I'm embarrassed to say, villain in this hand was me. Looking back at the hand, I'm absolutely disgusted at my play. But just as a little explanation of my weak play, here goes...

OP and I were sitting next to each other, and were being very friendly throughout most of the day (i.e., went to dinner together, sweating each other's hands, etc.) Anyway, during this hand (obviously BB could have any 2), IIRC, he shot me a look when i c/r'd him on the flop and 3-bet almost immediately. So for some reason, I took this to mean that he flopped a straight. Obviously, this is ridiculous looking back in retrospect, and I need to show more aggressive action before I can be convinced of that. But since we had been friendly, I basically took that 3-bet (and his look) to mean, get the hell out of this pot, I flopped the nuts... that said, my play on the turn is still abysmal. Looking back, I think the correct play is capping the flop, and leading the turn. If he pops again me on the turn, then I can decide whether to 3-bet or call down UI. Either way, I clearly missed a lot of bets, and got lucky that the board pairing on the river helped OP too...

All right, I blatantly messed up this hand big time [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]... if anything though, this was a lesson I won't be forgetting any time soon...

-Eric