Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul is not a historian, he is a politician!

[ QUOTE ]

AW-CRIKEY, it's alriiight!

[/ QUOTE ]

Too soon.

NOT
Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 AM

I get the fact that you kangaroo jockeys don't like US foreign policy. But now that there is a guy is going to transform it yet you spend all of your energy ripping him.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get the fact that you kangaroo jockeys don't like US foreign policy. But now that there is a guy is going to transform it yet you spend all of your energy ripping him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I directed the Kangaroo crack directly at Midge, as his thoughts on Ron Paul have as much to do with reality as my Kangaroo quote has to do with Australian transportation.

I'm pretty sure (I hope) that this is not a typical Australian school of thought.

After all....they have plenty of problems to deal with concerning their own elected officials. I personally think they could use a Ron Paul of their own, but that's another story.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul lauded Ronald Reagan for challenging then Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to "tear down" the Berlin Wall in 1987. Paul said during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis "we again talked to Gorbachev and worked something out. We removed missiles from Turkey and we avoided a nuclear holocaust."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard Dr. Paul make this point numerous times and never have I heard him say "Gorbachev" instead of Kruschev. However, I have heard him make numerous slips of the tongue, because he, like me, often thinks faster than he can get his words out. Given that he was just talking about Gorbachev, according to your account, it is unsurprising that he accidentally swapped one Soviet Premier for another. It is also telling that any intelligent person can spot when things like this happen, and know what the person meant. It is only an incompetent boob that gets his panties in a bunch when someone makes an obvious slip of the tongue and thinks the slip is what that person actually believes.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I directed the Kangaroo crack directly at Midge, as his thoughts on Ron Paul have as much to do with reality as my Kangaroo quote has to do with Australian transportation.

I'm pretty sure (I hope) that this is not a typical Australian school of thought.

After all....they have plenty of problems to deal with concerning their own elected officials. I personally think they could use a Ron Paul of their own, but that's another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really not. While I jumped in on the poo flinging with the rest of you, I have too much respect for Australia and Australian citizens I've come across to allow Australia to take the blame for MidGe.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paul lauded Ronald Reagan for challenging then Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to "tear down" the Berlin Wall in 1987. Paul said during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis "we again talked to Gorbachev and worked something out. We removed missiles from Turkey and we avoided a nuclear holocaust."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard Dr. Paul make this point numerous times and never have I heard him say "Gorbachev" instead of Kruschev. However, I have heard him make numerous slips of the tongue, because he, like me, often thinks faster than he can get his words out. Given that he was just talking about Gorbachev, according to your account, it is unsurprising that he accidentally swapped one Soviet Premier for another. It is also telling that any intelligent person can spot when things like this happen, and know what the person meant. It is only an incompetent boob that gets his panties in a bunch when someone makes an obvious slip of the tongue and thinks the slip is what that person actually believes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Boro,
Ron Paul was just on TV and he totally flip flopped. Now he thinks we talked to Kruschev in 1962. Clearly he is pandering to Midge.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I directed the Kangaroo crack directly at Midge,
as his thoughts on Ron Paul have as much to do with reality as my Kangaroo quote has to do with Australian transportation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really not. While I jumped in on the poo flinging with the rest of you, I have too much respect for Australia and Australian citizens I've come across to allow Australia to take the blame for MidGe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Australia is a largely racist country with an absoulute [censored] in power and has very dim democratic prospects. However, this is an American forum thus we're hardly going to debate Australian politics here; atleast not exclusively.

And LOL at you all thinking that Ron Paul is immune from criticism- guess what kids... he's not.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as his thoughts on Ron Paul have as much to do with reality as my Kangaroo quote has to do with Australian transportation.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Australia is a largely racist country with an absoulute [censored] in power and has very dim democratic prospects. However, this is an American forum thus we're hardly going to debate Australian politics here; atleast not exclusively.

And LOL at you all thinking that Ron Paul is immune from criticism- guess what kids... he's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I thought he was immune from criticism because I've never seen him criticized before today.

/sarcasm
Old 11-11-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we thought he was "immune from criticism" we wouldn't bother to correct the [censored], Brainiac.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:46 PM

I might be mistaken, but I think he's a doctor as well