bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
To all of the hands that were posted in this thread,

Holy [censored] post it in SSNL. You need help.

Also, i was KIDDING with the hercules 83s hand. I recommend giving your money to a homeless person if you're gonna play the hand like that. It will go to better use.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about you coaching me *lol*. No serious, my 83s raise PF was for sure not for value, but for image and position. There`s no big difference between raising this and 45s. Most of the time you don`t hit and cbet and fold if raised. You even fold most of the time when you pair a 4 or 5 (against a raise)...So you just have to see whats going on and how he proceeds.
The only time you get paid of with 45s stuff is when villain has a good hand by himself. But he`ll likely reraise that PF so i wont even see a flop...
Ok, my river play was a totally read thing. Whats so bad about it? if i`m sure he has nadda and if i dont wanna show down crap, what else am i gonna do?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all of the hands that were posted in this thread,

Holy [censored] post it in SSNL. You need help.

Also, i was KIDDING with the hercules 83s hand. I recommend giving your money to a homeless person if you're gonna play the hand like that. It will go to better use.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about you coaching me *lol*. No serious, my 83s raise PF was for sure not for value, but for image and position. There`s no big difference between raising this and 45s. Most of the time you don`t hit and cbet and fold if raised. You even fold most of the time when you pair a 4 or 5 (against a raise)...So you just have to see whats going on and how he proceeds.
The only time you get paid of with 45s stuff is when villain has a good hand by himself. But he`ll likely reraise that PF so i wont even see a flop...
Ok, my river play was a totally read thing. Whats so bad about it? if i`m sure he has nadda and if i dont wanna show down crap, what else am i gonna do?

[/ QUOTE ]

herc, if you raised for image, then showing down crap is exactly what you want to do.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Hercules, you aren't really thinking at all about the game your are in. You are playing 100NL. The reason 100NL is so profitable is people call way to much.

So, conversely, raising with 83s cannot be a great play. You are doing it for image, but I think you are losing more by playing complete trash, then what you're gaining from establishing an image.

Finally, you keep defending your dumb useless raise on the river by saying you are trying to not show the hand down. Well, if you don't want to show 83s down, don't play it. People call way to much, so raising with garbage is going to lead to showing down your hands when you hit that garbage.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow Herc sounds like I am the spew master thanks for the advice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, i guess i sound some sarcasm in the comment?!...I told ya that i don`t play 3/6...and i thoght its spew...so what "advice" do you expect from a NL 100 ? I just said what i thought...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow Herc sounds like I am the spew master thanks for the advice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, i guess i sound some sarcasm in the comment?!...I told ya that i don`t play 3/6...and i thoght its spew...so what "advice" do you expect from a NL 100 ? I just said what i thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

it is spew
Old 01-26-2007, 01:10 PM

Basically I'd like to thank a few people for helping me out in cash....
1.) FutureDoc79- Wow this guy is just incredible, one hell of a player.
2.)ALReturnsLOL- I owe this guy so much for everything. Found a lot of leaks in my cash game, and explains some tough concepts very well. He was worth every penny as a coach.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I'd like to thank a few people for helping me out in cash....
1.) FutureDoc79- Wow this guy is just incredible, one hell of a player.
2.)ALReturnsLOL- I owe this guy so much for everything. Found a lot of leaks in my cash game, and explains some tough concepts very well. He was worth every penny as a coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow w/ a sample size like that its time to move up huh? or at least go to the strip club to celebrate? I can chaperone if you want so those mean women dont pick on you again. I wouldnt mind at all seeing as how you paid me that awesome compliment.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:29 PM

1. looks ok imo, when he minraises you r probably beat so u might fold then

2. hmmmm i m not folding this heads up. esp. against someone who has bullied u around

3. bet turn here and call all in i think, he only has 2/3 of a full buyin here. crai on turn might be good too. as played fold river. super small bet on turn is suspicious imo.

4.looks ok, i dont think u could call a reraise this deeb

5. u might reraise turn. as played i think i would call

6. vnh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. fold pf bet turn.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Knightvision, whats the big difference between QQ and JJ in this spot, if you look at the stacks. He will cbet like 90% of the time, so our basic idea is to get as much value out of weaker holdings as possible.
The point of the line is the following:
If you are beat, the money will go in any way. BUT: If you are ahead, you want him to donate as much as possible. So what hands do you think you will get value out of if you lead???
AK/AQ are the hands you wanna milk out the most. But if you lead the flop you give them a chance to fold. Unless Villain is overaggro with AK, check-raising is always the right play here IMO
Old 01-26-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the big difference between QQ and JJ in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

First let me say, I liked the way Al played this hand.

But, there is a big difference between JJ and QQ in this spot. For one, there are less scare cards that can come for QQ. There are only two overs as opposed to three to the JJ.

Second, QQ beats more hands that will like this flop, ie. JJ loves this flop.

These are significant differences.