Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: I hate schneids

I doubt a fold is correct here. I would be very surprised if any hands better than 1 pair are in his range here given how the hand played out.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt a fold is correct here. I would be very surprised if any hands better than 1 pair are in his range here given how the hand played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the same thing, but then i couldnt figure out what he had.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:50 PM

I think this is a close-ish fold, with pretty much all of his range ahead of you. I put him mostly on any ace that's dominating or reverse dominating you or a smallish pair.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a close-ish fold, with pretty much all of his range ahead of you. I put him mostly on any ace that's dominating or reverse dominating you or a smallish pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure he bets an ace that has me RD, as he would hate to get raised and is very unlikely to get drawn out on.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure he bets an ace that has me RD, as he would hate to get raised and is very likely to get drawn out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying schneids used to view you as weak tight, do you think it's possible that now he thinks you spew too much against him ? He may easily be giving you the rope here with one pair hands hoping you will try to muscle him out.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure he bets an ace that has me RD, as he would hate to get raised and is very likely to get drawn out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying schneids used to view you as weak tight, do you think it's possible that now he thinks you spew too much against him ? He may easily be giving you the rope here with one pair hands hoping you will try to muscle him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't raise because he never folds anything, so i don't think he thinks i'm gonna try to get him off anything.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 PM

The answer is clearly to find a slew of hands that you can beat and call down. Especially with a board like that there's lots of straight draws (OESD or gutshots) that I could have, and you beat all of them and hold one of the cards that are key to me being able to river you if I have a straight draw.

The biggest thing about making pots big is you have to get creative in finding ways to not fold. Don't 4bet preflop if you're gonna fold ace high on this board, is what I'd say.

Of course, I know what I had too, so, maybe there's some non-objectivity in my views [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't raise because he never folds anything, so i don't think he thinks i'm gonna try to get him off anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is really too much of but he knows what i know what he knows thing, the call here could only be warranted by some existing dynamic between you and him which none of us have any clue about. However if he's betting a hand he's not folding, it would seem like he has you beat so you should fold ?
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM

typically when I see a donkey bet or some strange play that I can't figure, where I can't put my villain on a hand or range, I go into call down mode if I have SD value. this is not necessarily correct, but hasn't gotten me slaughtered either. I also try to avoid playing with other strong players on a regular basis.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 PM

honestly dont cap preflop, with your history not capping brings just as much doubt into schneids mind about your holding, plus your equity agaisnt a good player here is [censored].

i know this will sound stupid but on this turn he either has you smoked, or is on a draw, question is what is he capable of doing when on both? i doubt he folds any hand you beat here (even AQ) but the real question is what does he do ith his draw? will he three town you? follow through on the river or give up?

chose what you think he will do and take the best line. In my experience dont tried and get to complicated with very good aggressive players, the always run good against guys like us