Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: tony\'s links

[ QUOTE ]
Stuey, you are wrong. The only way that Elaine is treated differently is that she hasn't been banned for being a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I must be wrong as several others agree with you. I would like to explain why I felt this way though.

I was watching that thread as it was taking place. I was really kind of amazed people were responding to it at all. Like it really matters how you use a cell phone. Then I realized it was only interesting because El D was at the helm and he is engaging and steers the debate in interesting directions. The topic was not interesting the level of reasoning was.

So then Elaine enters and it is clear there will be trouble. I continue to watch the thread, as I know someone will call her out for her odd remarks. I was hoping it would be El D as I like everyone around here am a fan of his and like seeing him do his thing. I am not proud of this I am just being honest. I wanted to see her eat crow.

Then Tony comes over the top and well then I realize I am just as guilty by wanting to see the humiliation take place but when it happens it does not feel right. So I have to examine my odd interest in all of this. And I think I just like seeing a person like Elaine (feminist opinionated stubborn ect) get put in her place. And I don't like myself as much as before and think maybe I should change.

I just find it interesting that people expect Elaine to change and I don't. I think she is fine the way she is. When I don't agree with her I will tell her if I feel it might help her understand my opinion. But I will try not to insist on winning or having the last word, as then things escalate and neither of us will remember the reasons the debate started. It just becomes about winning.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those replies were in the thread. How did you move them here without moving the rest of the thread? Is moving just part of a thread something we have the power to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bobbyi, yes all mods can do it... you can break out any post, with all replies tied directly to that post. (If you look in threaded mode, you can usually determine the posts that will move with it)

It is useful, if you catch a mid-thread hijack post early enough before people start using quick reply, you can spin the hijacked part of the thread into a new thread. I have done it a few times.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stuey, you are wrong. The only way that Elaine is treated differently is that she hasn't been banned for being a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. She tends to exhibit the immaturity of youth in combination with the arrogance of the righteous. I had one confrontation with her in a thread about child support. She took my argument that individuals (not the State) have the primary responsibility to care for their offspring, and responded with something like "you think that because you believe that children are chattel." I found this to be an incredibly rude, hostile, and ignorant thing to say.

I flamed her serverely on the return, and she disappeared.