Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: *** Official NFL offseason thread ***

Why is Oakland so much worse then Miami? They both have owners who want to win, their fans certainly have lower expectations going into next year and they have a very talented, young defense. Obviously their offense needs a lot of work, but it wouldn't be that hard to improve significantly over their offensive production this year.

What would be awesome is if Gruden and TB part ways (which has been rumored as a possibility) and then ends he ends up in Oakland.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Oakland so much worse then Miami? They both have owners who want to win, their fans certainly have lower expectations going into next year and they have a very talented, young defense. Obviously their offense needs a lot of work, but it wouldn't be that hard to improve significantly over their offensive production this year.

What would be awesome is if Gruden and TB part ways (which has been rumored as a possibility) and then ends he ends up in Oakland.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Oakland team is far worse.
Al Davis is a nut who meddles.
Both WRs are demanding to be traded, no Oline, crappy Qb's etc etc etc...plus you have to move to Oakland...yuck
Old 01-04-2007, 08:36 PM

I think the Steelers job, should it become available, is the far more desireable job. Obvious talent, and by far the most job security if you are anything but a below average coach.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Steelers job, should it become available, is the far more desireable job. Obvious talent, and by far the most job security if you are anything but a below average coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelers are expected to win..and when I say win I'm saying SuperBowl. Anything less than that is viewed as a bad season. Also you have to live in pittsburgh.

Those are two major negatives.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Yup, looks like Shell is out for sure (just saw report on ESPN) ...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, looks like Shell is out for sure (just saw report on ESPN) ...

[/ QUOTE ]

And Cowher will announce his retirement tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has to be one of the worst openings in recent history, but going into last offseason I think I would have said that about the Saints, so obv. you never know what is going to happen.

But things are Ugly. You have 3 QBs all of which you probably have to keep next year but none of which you can be very confident in. Ronnie Brown is a good hard runner and Chambers, Booker and McMichael are all decent recievers. Their offensive line definitely needs to be rebuilt.

On defense their front 7 is very good right now, but I can't see them lasting too many more years. Jason Taylor is an amazing DE, but he has always been undersized and he is like 33 now. Zach Thomas is, in my opinion, the most talented linebacker in football. He is only 5-11 230, but he is an absolute monster of a MLB. He has had under 150 total tackles once in the last 6 years when he got 145 in 2004. He has been a starting LB for Miami for 10 seasons in a row and has only missed 12 games over that period of time. I think he'll be 34 next season... all signs lead to him wearing out soon. Channing Crowder is the only member of their starting front 7 on defense that is under 30. A couple of those guys are real old. Their secondary is younger, but its also not very good.

Anyway, it looks really tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with most of that (though your ZT praise is a little much imo).
Somebody in the Saban thread yesterday said something about them having lots of young talent on defense; I was like, wtf? You didn't even mention Traylor who is like 45 and a FA to boot.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both WRs are demanding to be traded, no Oline, crappy Qb's etc etc etc...plus you have to move to Oakland...yuck

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the Al Davis factor instantly breaks any ties for "worst coaching job". Huezenga(sp?) is much more hands-off.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the Al Davis factor instantly breaks any ties for "worst coaching job". Huezenga(sp?) is much more hands-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even sure I realized until recently that Al Davis is Owner AND GM. he does more than meddle.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who should the Texans have as their starting qb next year

David Carr
Jake Plummer
Draft rookie QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they will stay with Carr.

What about Jacksonville, who will be the there starting QB next year?