Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 02:30 AM

Default Re: a different bet2win hand

[ QUOTE ]
If you check-call turn, won't he almost always bluff river?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 11-19-2006, 03:41 AM

It's amazing how much of a douche you are. Anyway, I don't think he's always going to do something, but my question was dealing with your check-call on that turn in relation to his bluffing frequency on most rivers. I guess there are too many variables to answer that correctly from the sidelines, such as how he views you and how often you check-call rivers or whatever. But won't he follow through with a bluff on the river here very often if he is indeed bluffing? Bleh, I have no idea.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would u call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you did call the turn how are you planning on doing anythign but check calling any river with these stacks. Also your last hand against bet2win was played well if you are set on going to showdown against him, but I think you can find a better spot in a multiway pot than you did. I would have folded the river in that hand.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5k effective.. calling 2k on the turn seems kinda not great leaving yourself 1900ish.. weird turn bet by bet2win though with stacks that way.. i think this hand is actually pretty interesting, and i dont HATE getting it in on the turn for some reason.. i raelly dont like calling folding river or w/e leaving yerself 1900 tho.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

i think stacks were closer to 6k actually because I remember facing a 2900 bet on the river. sorry if i messed that up, but does it make a difference to you?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Having to call 2K into a 5.2K pot is alot diferent than calling 3K+ into a 5.2K pot. I would just use a converter adn post the actual hand.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would u call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you did call the turn how are you planning on doing anythign but check calling any river with these stacks. Also your last hand against bet2win was played well if you are set on going to showdown against him, but I think you can find a better spot in a multiway pot than you did. I would have folded the river in that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you are ahead with jj on a AT64 board, i dont see what you can fold to on the river unless as you said a ten or six pairs. I think the turn call was terrible, i would either fold or check raise all in if i thought i was ahead. You left yourself with a difficult decision on the river no matter what hits.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:17 PM

Sorry for the confusion wrt to stack sizes. Anyway, I called the river as he stacked into it and he had 65o. This hand happened well before my KTs hand and influenced my decision in that hand, which in hindsight is a little silly since the dynamic(and board) of that hand was a little silly. I think seeing the river and a showdown here is pretty mandatory because the A would be such a scare card for most of my flop calling range.

-James