Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: variance here i come baby, TT -400NL 6max

this has good to be an auto muck... u cant beat anything and r racing against overs wit a flush draw... easy fold...
Old 04-23-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: variance here i come baby, TT -400NL 6max

[ QUOTE ]
Now like i said i view him as a pretty ABC competent multitabler.

-Sets would be called or minraised to tie me to the pot with an overpair. Not shoving, as it would make it more likely i would be forced into the correct decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that many competent multitablers minraise with a set.

I push here with a wide range including sets.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Final thoughts...

well its been a massacre...and for what its worth i agree its a fold.

I always bitch against friends they make decision based on what i call if-if scenarios (if he has bla bla and if he would be capable to bla bla then this would be the right move) but i have fallen victim to it myself [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If things are this marginal in an if-if-setting, it must be a 100% fold if you would add any kind of variable to the mix. And of course, in this case there are a LOT of variables in play. So i stand correctly,

I must add though that where i may have underestimated the variables in play some posters overestimate them in my honest opinion.
This shove for instance, is in my experience (and i truly believe this) a great tool, but by many online players misused as they do not throw monsters in the mix, but use it when they want their opponent to fold only.

In a way most people get too greedy when they finally flop a huge hand and are scared a shove will lose them a lot of money if their opponent is forced to fold they wouldve called down with otherwise. (yes i can see how my hand can be thrown back into my face to counter this pov, so save it lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) This is my assesment however, so to each its own.

fwiw, unlike some poster stated that i was posting this to justify my play and the opponent held only a flushdraw, the shame carries on: He had AcJc, i was crushed from the getgo.

tx for all comments and input, it has helped me, no doubt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Final thoughts...

[ QUOTE ]
This shove for instance, is in my experience (and i truly believe this) a great tool, but by many online players misused as they do not throw monsters in the mix, but use it when they want their opponent to fold only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree. Given this fact, outside of the big flush draws (that were a coin toss or had you as a dog) what other "don't call me hands" could he be playing that you have covered? It seems like alot of non-club AJ,QQ,KJ combos can turn up here (again, the idea being a big bet is a scare-bet against all the club-club hands).

So, even if this is a scare-bet you are still probably dominated.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM

call qq/insta-fold tt
Old 04-23-2007, 06:46 PM

my conclusion exactly...

In retrospect, i guess my head is spinning a little from all the study im doing lately. Im pokerstoving the crap out of virtually all semi+ interesting hands i play, and i can't even push off the button when in bed trying to sleep. I dream handranges lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I feel im improving my play a lot and i think it will do even a lot more when all the dust has settled. But in the equity-chaos im surrounding myself with now it leads to some freakshows of plays now and then. o well.... to be continued for a while i guess [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]