Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: How\'s my line here? (2/4)

Iggy,

It's funny, when I think of a "standard 2+2er" I think of you, and there you are. It wasn't meant to be advice as such. I think these hand history analysis are mostly dull/trite/uninteresting. It's a view of a meta-game, if anything, that I find of value and that's what the comment was about. I could have gone into detail about what the alternative lines of play, but sfw. The position comment was meant to be a signpost for other people to do their own thinking, without me spoon feeding it. And no doubt that thinking will produce better lines than mine anyway.

gl

bdd
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM

Why do you reraise OOP preflop? I hate that and I am surprised that people agree with your play. If you were IP, I like your play.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iggy,

It's funny, when I think of a "standard 2+2er" I think of you, and there you are. It wasn't meant to be advice as such. I think these hand history analysis are mostly dull/trite/uninteresting. It's a view of a meta-game, if anything, that I find of value and that's what the comment was about. I could have gone into detail about what the alternative lines of play, but sfw. The position comment was meant to be a signpost for other people to do their own thinking, without me spoon feeding it. And no doubt that thinking will produce better lines than mine anyway.

gl

bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just a joke, no worries. To be honest, the hand history analysis gets a little dull for me too, and the only thing that brings me back is the rare drawn-out argument with another thinking 2+2er. Ribbo's usually my favorite foil in that arena, but you seemed to be presenting a ripe target with your position comment so I went after it.

FWIW, if your point was that we should play more passively here preflop since we're OOP, I agree. Our sidecards are nowhere near good enough for this to be a good 3-betting spot with KK.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 AM

I dont like the reraise pre and call here ~95% of the time, postflop is fine.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Std wp.. Most likely villian holds A8xx or have a good draw and proberly folds turn, if not your have a lot of outs.. WP

DB
Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you reraise OOP preflop?

[/ QUOTE ] No idea either.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate that...

[/ QUOTE ] That's arguble, a call would have been OK.

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised that people agree with your play

[/ QUOTE ] So am I.

[ QUOTE ]
If you were IP, I like your play.

[/ QUOTE ] Totally agree.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] No idea either. he's way in front of villains raising range

[ QUOTE ]
I hate that...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] So am I. Spend a bit more time playing PLO and on these boards and you wont be so surprised

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Totally agree. I like the play regardless, having position on the villain would be better but not absolutely essential

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] No idea either. he's way in front of villains raising range

[ QUOTE ]
I hate that...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] So am I. Spend a bit more time playing PLO and on these boards and you wont be so surprised

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Totally agree. I like the play regardless, having position on the villain would be better but not absolutely essential

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KKTx plays god awfully bad postflop.
Especially when you dont have position in omaha when the remaining stacks are more than one pot-sized bet and when you're against a nutcake who will peel a lot and who is very hard to put on a hand.
Having position is kind of absolutely essential in omaha. Most cases where you will do fine OOP is when you have an extremely strong hand like rundown with atleast one suit or two high pairs with suits etc OR you have an extremely solid read on your opponent. We have neither here.
Explaining why your first point is so wrong is hard because its something very trivial which is hard to put into words in a simple manner. I guess you could say (exaggaratedly) that omaha plays postflop and preflop doesnt actually matter at all. And since position is everything postflop only major preflop plunder you can do is decide to play (a marginal hand) out of position.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: Kala1928
Subject: Re: How's my line here? (2/4)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No idea either. he's way in front of villains raising range

Quote:
I hate that...

That's arguble, a call would have been OK.

Quote:

So am I. Spend a bit more time playing PLO and on these boards and you wont be so surprised

Quote:

Totally agree. I like the play regardless, having position on the villain would be better but not absolutely essential

KKTx plays god awfully bad postflop.
Especially when you dont have position in omaha when the remaining stacks are more than one pot-sized bet and when you're against a nutcake who will peel a lot and who is very hard to put on a hand.
Having position is kind of absolutely essential in omaha. Most cases where you will do fine OOP is when you have an extremely strong hand like rundown with atleast one suit or two high pairs with suits etc OR you have an extremely solid read on your opponent. We have neither here.
Explaining why your first point is so wrong is hard because its something very trivial which is hard to put into words in a simple manner. I guess you could say (exaggaratedly) that omaha plays postflop and preflop doesnt actually matter at all. And since position is everything postflop only major preflop plunder you can do is decide to play (a marginal hand) out of position.

[/ QUOTE ] Wish I could say that all myself.