Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: I\'m almost Busto!

u said u ran it up in 3 months, that could be the variance and now ur not running hot nemore, evaluate ur play and find ur leaks. The variance could mean u suck and got lucky or are unlucky right now, its hard to tell. The games are tougher as well.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess February must be the month where everybody starts to cry about bad losing streaks they are experiencing. It's rough I know, but it's boring to hear. Maybe tell it to a priest or your dog instead. I think people would rather see specific hands to talk about here than to hear crying and whimpering.

Now go out and play some good poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

when have you ever been able to find good S8b games 24/7?

It is all comparitive, and a year ago one 1/2 game on PS with a 28% players to flop was a good day.

Now there are many times when stars has 2-3 tables going at .5/1 and 1/2 with PtF of 40% or high, and FTP will have a .5/1 or two and a 1/2 or two with the same.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did and I was concerned. You are a nice person and an excellent player. The stud situation is rapidly going downhill. I remember when 30/60 games going 24/7, sometimes 2, with a waiting list of 5 to 8 players. No more. Razz is maybe to blame, but I don't think so.

Thank God for the live nonrake games at my Golf & Tennis clubs. I belong to three. H/L declare is fing awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have sat down...I was at the table with a very good old higher limits crypto player at the time that just popped up on FT recently...would have been a trip down good games memory lane.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:35 PM

Tell him Lord Soaper sends his best. 1/2 is against my religon and its Lent. I'll wait for my best buddy to show up for a HU match. His generous donation from December just arrived, a custom set of Callaway X-20 irons (2% degrees offset), a 15 degree Callaway 3W, a 24 degree Hybrid and the new Fusion FT-5. The Gap and Lob wedges are on their way. The UPS guy is awesome. Monthly checks, now golf stuff.
Life is good.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going through my own ups & downs...... (variance). Another 90$ made yesterday, I felt good, lost it all again today of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

My downswing continues...217.5bb. I am just about to start playing...This has been at $2/$4 mainly though some $3/$6 thrown in.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am extremely happy to see Im not the only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this will help. After losing a lot yesterday, today I just barely lost only 16 big bets today, which I don't know is a good or bad thing the way the donks have been catching on me. I only had rolled-ups once today, and you want to know what that was?

TRIP ACES!

One moment while I look up Caro's table of stud-statistics...

5524-to-1

Now, instead of slowplaying it till the expensive streets like Reese mentions, I decided to starting raising like mother-fcker much before then. Well, you guessed it... a donkey decided to chase a small flush even though I got it heads up early... and caught it on 7'th while I couldn't improve.

CRACKED!

I probably wont see another starting hand like that all year.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 PM

The crying bulletin board.

Oh my god, some people lost some money at gambling and are having a losing streak. What an unlikly situation to occur. I think the solution about it is to cry to everyone about it. I think that will help fix the problem.

Excuse my lack of sensitivity to this, but this is gambling.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The crying bulletin board.

Oh my god, some people lost some money at gambling and are having a losing streak. What an unlikly situation to occur. I think the solution about it is to cry to everyone about it. I think that will help fix the problem.

Excuse my lack of sensitivity to this, but this is gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No ones holding a gun to your head and making you read these.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:05 AM

Game selection is the most important skill in all of poker. If you're sitting at a table, and you don't see people making glaring mistakes, leave the game. Otherwise, you're paying the rake at best.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Game selection is the most important skill in all of poker. If you're sitting at a table, and you don't see people making glaring mistakes, leave the game. Otherwise, you're paying the rake at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only sensible thing you have written.

If only it applied...

Are you still doing your bicep curls each time you suffer a bad beat thus turning negative energy into positive... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Closed Thread