Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: B&M Pet Peeves

The card catching slop out artist who gets pissed when their PP gets cracked on the river.
Makes me wanna crack their heads.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with all of these....
plus one.
Would the coughing/sneezing MF's learn how to cover their GD mouths!
TY. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This goes for the dealers as well. The box is not a tissue and please dont use your hand their are touching my cards and chips.
Again thanks for your support.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a story. I saw a dealign winding up like he was ready for a big sneeze and a chip runner saw this and grabbed him a tissue however he waved it away and turned to the side and sneezed all over seat 9 and I am talking projectiles and spray. Needless to say seat 9 was pissed and call the floor over on it (unneeded IMO just goto the bathroom and wash up) so this whole thing takes like 4-5 minutes for the floor to apologize the player and whatnot.

So I guess my petpeeve is people that make a big deal out of a mistake or accident. The worst of this is when the dealer accidentally flips over one of you cards taht happened to be a facecard and would of given you q10 sooted or some [censored] please the love of god let it slide. This gets exponentailly worse if they would of hit the flop cause naw you have to hear about the 'phantom' full house all nigth long.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

dealer asking people to make change at the table (maybe just a niagara falls thing). yes, i want to take 2 $100 bills from a drug dealing criminal... this seems to be policy as opposed to a clueless dealer or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always ask people to make change, I wish the [ahem] clueless players wouldn't mind so much. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1.) I have nine people complaining about $5/seat charge, and then raising J4o UTG and reraising all in on the turn with no hand whatsoever.
2.) I have a limited supply of chips in a rack.
3.) You have nineteen times the nearest stack in your game.
4.) Fills take time and effort, things I hate to waste.

Make change! If you're really concerned, change the $100 bill for one of your many stacks of red, and then give the $100 to the dealer and buy 4 green chips(or black is even better) I'm ALWAYS down for this, I really do not like to sell chips unless it is a small amount.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TURN BOTH YOUR CARDS FACE UP AT THE [censored] SHOWDOWN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you deal at Foxwoods you would've loved this from there this past Saturday:

Two guys in the hand.

Board is Queen high with a lot of other cards that don't matter.

Guy 1 bets, Guy 2 calls.

Commence staring.

Someone do something.

Guy 1 flips up 1 card: a Queen.

Guy 2
Dealer interrupts and shouts: TURN BOTH YOUR HANDS UP LIKE I'VE SAID EVERY SINGLE OTHER TIME YOU'VE DONE THAT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Problem solved, everyone wins.

[ QUOTE ]
1.) I hate the people who always ask "Who raised?" Just f'in look or pay attention to the game you moron. Then, no matter what position they are in or how tight the raiser is, they will call. Then continue their role as the calling station for the rest of the hand and be surprised when the raiser rolls over AA.

2.) People who need to be constantly reminded by the deal that it is there action (even when they are not passed out).

4.) Sunglasses at a 1/2 LIMIT game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not once, ever, EVER have I EVER heard someone ask me who raised, and then fold. Ever.
Chances(100% chance) are that if you don't even know who raised, you aren't good enough to adjust any kind of strategy(you have no strategy) accordingly.

I like people who stare in to my eyes when I'm looking at them for ten seconds and then go -Oh! Is it my turn?
NO.

I think some of my favorites are when Mr. Chiptrick rolls a chip in to the middle of the pot and just reaches in and grabs it. No sir, you shouldn't palm the entire pot, that's generally a bad idea.

If you're asked to get time from someone else's stack, go ahead and DO IT. When I ask you to clear your hand, go and and turn your palm face UP and open your hand. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

People who try to affect the hand while they're not in it.

DON'T TALK ABOUT A HAND YOU AREN'T IN. String bet, reraise, check, bluff, exposed cards, whatever, it doesn't concern you, so don't do anything.

DON'T TALK ABOUT THE HAND. Nothing I like more than a nice nine way reraised pot and one guy goes all in on the flop and the guy next guy goes "Hmm, you got aces huh? I got Kings, hmm..."

If you do any of these things:
Don't expose your hand to anyone else and continue to play it, you can't follow the very basic rules at a poker table, therefore I can not let you bend them.

Does show one show all mean that he has to show both his cards if he shows one? No, it means he has to show everyone his hand, and thank you for asking, because I'm pretty curious too.

If one of your cards flipped over(Yes I am deeply sorry but it does happen, sorry) don't:
-Go completely ballistic, basically letting everyone know you would have had pocket Queens.
-Tell everyone what you would have had on the flop. Nobody gives a [censored] and you're destroying the hand in play, in fact, DON'T TALK ABOUT THE HAND IN PLAY, and also, DON'T DISCUSS A HAND YOU AREN'T IN.
-However, if a card happens to flash if I can I'll pretend not to see it, if I turn back and it's face down, I didn't see anything. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img](Proof that I am less of an [censored] and more of a nice guy than you may think)

Try and learn how to bet without splashing chips allll over the place, there's absolutely no need to take the effort to make your bet straight and neat, and I'll tell people that they don't have to worry about it, but when half your bets end up in other people's stack or roll in to the rack it does tend to get a little annoying. The way to bet without splashing is a steep arc, not a flat throw, straight and high up, keeping all chips flat to the table on release. I'll show you how to do it.

Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeee buy chips at the window, if you're only buying one stack, or rebuying or somethinig like that it's totally cool but it really slows the game down when you buy in for $400 at a 20-40 game in all red, and the you lose 75% of that in two hands, and then you take out another $400(while the hand is in play so I have to do everything 1 handed and move the pot away) I understand the lines at the cage are long, but it's no different than waiting for a fill, except now you're holding everyone up, twice.(Once buying from me, once waiting for the fill.)

I super <3 people that buy chips at the window.

I don't know, I never really make a big deal about any of this except for turning your cards over, most of it is just pet peeves, I'm really verbal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with all of these....
plus one.
Would the coughing/sneezing MF's learn how to cover their GD mouths!
TY. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This goes for the dealers as well. The box is not a tissue and please dont use your hand their are touching my cards and chips.
Again thanks for your support.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like sneezing in the box because I always feel like a slob, but there's really nothing you can do. Our shirts are white so you'll see.... wetness if we sneeze on our arms, when I have to sneeze I lift my right arm as high as I can and sneeze right in to my armpit. What else can one do?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM

With every rotation of the dealer, someone always has to mention something about the jackpot. I swear, twice an hour the same friggin 5 minute conversation about how nice it would be to hit the jackpot starts up.

Onaflag...........
Old 03-07-2006, 04:23 PM

1) When some old f-cking nit starts bitching that there's been an open seat for over a minute and it hasn't been filled yet. I don't know how the floor people don't strangle these guys when they constantly tell them there's a seat open. 99% of the time the f-cking floor knows the seat is open but is doing 10 other things at the moment (think Saturday night at Foxwoods) and hasn't had a chance to call it yet.

2) Stupid f-cking nits who sit down and announce they're going to wait to post but then continue to sit on their asses instead of going to the window to buy chips while waiting. WTF?

3) The dumb nit who has been at the table for a full 10 hands and bitches that he hasn't gotten anything to play, especially when I've been card dead the whole f-cking day.

4) Anybody who asks for a new setup or a wash at any time... NO EXCEPTIONS. I don't care if I get dealt 27 of spades five times in a row, I'll never ask for a wash.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM

5) When some young WPT-watching Internet-playing kid at the baby no limit game loses a hand and says something like "I can't f-cking believe I lost that! I had 10 outs!" Well no sh-t you had 10 outs but you also had about 35 cards that wouldn't have helped you.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:40 PM

I live in a half-fast state, with half-fast poker and half-fast dealers. I'm pretty much trying to get used to slow and incompetent dealers but sometimes it becomes too much. A couple of days ago, I grabbed seat 10 at the local high-stakes game ($2/$2 limit hold'em). The second dealer did the following within 10 minutes of sitting down:

1) A guy in the big blind busted out, got up and said "I'll be right back." Clearly he was going to the ATM for more cash. Dealer moved the button 1 seat and had the right guys post small and big blinds, but didn't put a Missed Small Blind button in the absent dude's seat. Being right next to her, I very quietly told her of her oversight. She insisted (with an attitude) that since he doesn't have any chips at his seat, he doesn't have to pay his small blind when he comes back. I wasn't going to get into an argument with her so I told her to call the floor. The floor told her he'll have to pay his small blind when he comes back.

2) Dealer still doesn't put the Missed Small Blind button out. I quietly remind her of the floor's ruling. She said "I'll remember. Just let me do my job." BigBluffer reminds himself this isn't the WSOP, so don't cause a scene. Lord, how I so wanted to say a thing or two, but I somehow kept my mouth shut.

3) Different dude in a different seat leaves, causing mass confusion as to who should be paying big blinds and little blinds. After the dust clears, dealer passes the button right past a guy who had just paid his blinds. He doesn't say anything, so at this point I figure why should I? I fight off the urge to spout off with everything I've got.

At this point I'm not thinking clearly. Certainly not in any shape to play my A, B or C game. I finish the orbit, then take my 20 BB profit, go home and spend a lovely Sunday with my wonderful wife.

I would stick to online poker and not play live poker in this hell-hole except the players are 3 times worse than the dealers.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being right next to her, I very quietly told her of her oversight. She insisted (with an attitude) that since he doesn't have any chips at his seat, he doesn't have to pay his small blind when he comes back. I wasn't going to get into an argument with her so I told her to call the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

[rolls eyes]

I love when people call the floor over and hold up the game for trivial sh-t like this. Why be such a nit about it? Who gives a f-ck whether or not he pays his $1? I sure wouldn't.

[ QUOTE ]

I finish the orbit, then take my 20 BB profit, go home and spend a lovely Sunday with my wonderful wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your "20 BB profit" relates to this story in what way...?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TURN BOTH YOUR CARDS FACE UP AT THE [censored] SHOWDOWN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you deal at Foxwoods you would've loved this from there this past Saturday:

Two guys in the hand.

Board is Queen high with a lot of other cards that don't matter.

Guy 1 bets, Guy 2 calls.

Commence staring.

Someone do something.

Guy 1 flips up 1 card: a Queen.

Guy 2 flips up 1 card: a Queen.

Guy 1 flips up his kicker: X

Guy 2 smiles and flips up his kicker: X+Y

Guy 2 gets pot.

Players 3-10 on table are annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be a rule that once Player 1 does this (flips over only one card on purpose), he automatically loses the pot and gets kicked in the junk.