Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Anyone successful at 10nl? (Help needed)

you're playing 10 nl with 50$?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 PM

some things:
your wtsd and w$sd indicate that you are winning small pots and losing big ones. Look specifically at your money won/lost with one pair. If I had to guess, you are probably putting way too much money in here. Don't get so attached to one pair, even if it is KK. At these levels, you can be very successful just by taking the pots no one else wants. If someone indicates an interest in a pot, its okay to let a good but not great hand go. Even if it actually is the best hand. Don't make hero calls, don't bluff beyond c-betting, be more aggressive and steal more often. Raise limpers in position! These things have been said forever, because they actually work.
Also, know that your sample size is very small, one or two days worth of poker for many players.
GL
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I also rarely win big pots and therefore I rarely double or tripple my buyin although I see alot of other players doing this which frustrates me a bit because I wanne be such a guy on multiple tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

See it like this: 20 maniacs go all-in every hand. 10 minutes later, you meet 5 maniacs and all of them have gigantic stacks. Now you may think, "wow, all these super-loose people take down the money."
But that is not true.
15 went home broke, and chances are you didnīt notice those.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing 10NL @ Stars for little less than a week now and the same pattern has occurred again after some 1800 hands. Growing slowly from $50 to $63 then back to $51 (AA cracked preflop by JJ). Growing it back to $61 and now down to $50 (Raised KK preflop allin against neighbour's AA).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if I understand you. Are you really talking about 1800 hands and a "downswing" of 1 buy-in??
I hope I may say that, you need to learn a lot then.
You need a LOT more hands and you need not complain before like beeing 10 buy-ins down.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about all this

[/ QUOTE ]
Donīt. Simply donīt.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there are also "regulars", not maniacs who I often see with double buyins on various sites multiple days in the week. I want to know how they play. Which handrange they have raising, limping with, calling after a raise. Are their reads so much better?

I have been playing on other sites before I checked out Stars. Mostly one-tabling NL20 with a bankroll of about 20 buyins before checking out Stars. Over 10K hands the pattern I described kept reocurring over and over, winning a lot of small pots but rarely winning big pots and losing a couple of big pots which resulted in a very slow grow of my bankroll. I'm estimating to have played 10K hands now.
How many hands do you think someone needs to play before he has a good view of his winnings?

You may say, I need to learn a lot. No problem, that's why I joined 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But there are also "regulars", not maniacs who I often see with double buyins on various sites multiple days in the week. I want to know how they play. Which handrange they have raising, limping with, calling after a raise. Are their reads so much better?

I have been playing on other sites before I checked out Stars. Mostly one-tabling NL20 with a bankroll of about 20 buyins before checking out Stars. Over 10K hands the pattern I described kept reocurring over and over, winning a lot of small pots but rarely winning big pots and losing a couple of big pots which resulted in a very slow grow of my bankroll. I'm estimating to have played 10K hands now.
How many hands do you think someone needs to play before he has a good view of his winnings?

You may say, I need to learn a lot. No problem, that's why I joined 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have PT post your stats, if not get PT.

I have two databases split at NL 10.

In DB 1 i have 2.8k hands(mainly Ipoker network and betfair) and i am up $35 with BB/100 hand at 6.30.

In DB 2(just party) i have 2.1K hands and am up $31 with BB/100 hands at 7.24, if i cut down on attempting to pull some seriously stupid stunts i would be up alot more aswell.

The only different between my stats is My VPIP is over 20 is both DB and my Pf-R is 8% in DB1 and 11% in DB 2. MY AF is much lower, in DB it's 0.72, 1.28 in DB 2.

One thing i will say, if any of you are European i would get the [censored] of Stars straight away.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Old 08-17-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I know what is wrong about your play, you probably can't lay down a good or mediocre hand to a better holding or you don't force opponents out when they are drawing; I namely don't know what the 'normal' stats should be for WTSD but 21,05 is quite high and mucher higher than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely stated and your post describes my losses to a tee at the 10NL games. After a ton of play, I donked off my winnings in a number of AI's which I allowed my ego to take part in.

With 5,000+ hands, I'm currently 16.82/7.85/3.52 and descended to a 3.18PTBB/100 win rate. My WtSD is 21.27% and W$@SD is 54.11%.

A series of overpairs to the board and a number of SERIOUS *misreads*, er, donkiness of your description, cost me tremendously. I'm moving to 5NL until I can stop the madness and profuse bleeding.

nh, sir.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 AM

Over 4k hands my ptbb is 11.25/100 at NL10. I started at $0.02 the lowest game on PS 2-3 weeks ago and have slowly grinded my way up to NL10. Another 2-3 weeks I should have the br for NL25. Start at the BOTTOM and work your way up. I built the foundation of my game at the lowest limits - apart from two or three minor tweaks I am playing essentially the same game.

When I started at $0.02 I wondered whether the games were beatable, whether I had missed the boat and the games had become too rocky. I even made a topic asking about it. How I laugh when I look back at that (I even said at the time I might later laugh at what I had written lol).

I have a question. You graph shows quite a nice rise and then plummets. In your honest opinion do you think you are playing hands differently? Also is that downward slope caused by bad beats (opponents chasing draws with massively incorrect odds and getting lucky, losing several preflop all ins when you are big favourite etc)? These are serious questions you have to ask yourself. If you're playing different (maybe your initial success made you overconfident?) try to go back. If you're unlucky then carry on with some more hands. Otherwise maybe consider moving down. Gl. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

20,000 hands is something to start with, but it is not very precise. See, just loosing a couple of all-ins to villainīs 4-outers may chance your winrate then. Or flopping set over set like 3 times may make it hard to see that medium pocket pairs are really overplayed, unless you have a very close look.

Having said that, 20,000 hands is not meaningless at all. There is a good chance that major leaks can be found using these numbers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 04:07 PM

How much are you sitting down with?