Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: AQs in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to know what you were thinking on the turn, because i can't imagine what possessed you to raise. i literally looked through the hand 3 times to verify that you raised the turn with no pair and no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wanted to get heads up with the maniac and show my hand down, it didnt work and was probably pretty horrible
Old 02-20-2006, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to know what you were thinking on the turn, because i can't imagine what possessed you to raise. i literally looked through the hand 3 times to verify that you raised the turn with no pair and no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wanted to get heads up with the maniac and show my hand down, it didnt work and was probably pretty horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

that's all well and good, but ignoring the fact that a a TAG has chosen to continue in the face of heavy action, what hand do you beat from the "maniac?" there were no real draws on that board and i assume 1/2 lags at least know not to randomly raise after being cold capped. i guess your logic was that you should make the TAG fold a better hand but you didn't consider the high probability that the LAG can beat AQ high
Old 02-20-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This looks really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that would be why i posted it, im sort of lost on this one, what do you think the best line is?

[/ QUOTE ]

you made a marginal cap preflop (i agree with it but it's marginal). this is a pretty classic example of getting married to a hand that was good preflop but whiffed on the flop. the board is coordinated and you don't even have a backdoor flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

so next time just muck the flop then?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:52 AM

check raise
Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This looks really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that would be why i posted it, im sort of lost on this one, what do you think the best line is?

[/ QUOTE ]

you made a marginal cap preflop (i agree with it but it's marginal). this is a pretty classic example of getting married to a hand that was good preflop but whiffed on the flop. the board is coordinated and you don't even have a backdoor flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that part is just pot odds. you're getting 20-2 immediate with a reasonable chance of the pot being rehit, you have a terrible backdoor straight draw and no backdoor flush draw. your overs are extremely tainted and carry pretty bad reverse implied odds and no implied odds (when you consider the ease with which they can fold when an A comes and you checked and called 2 on the flop).
Old 02-20-2006, 02:08 PM

give me the button in this spot and i may cap. but not having position with a vulnerable hand like AQs 3 ways vs. 1 tag and 1 donkey isn't best when you are the one capping OOP. id say pf is close between a call and a fold but not a cap unless tag will fold very often to your cap (and given the profile of the 3 bettor he'll do this exactly never). its much closer to a fold with AQo or AJs and a cap with AKo and also AKs, so its all pretty close here and calling/folding cant be that bad and capping, while wrong imo, again cant be horrible.

given your cap, why did you not bet the flop?

given you checked and there was a bet and a raise in front of you why didn't u fold? or 3 bet (given you were willing to c'r the turn...why give MP a shot at his cards for 1sb when it may now be impossible to fold him out w/ a turn c'r-given you were going to try th eturn c'r)

on the turn, i say fold.

on the river i agree.

Barron
Old 02-20-2006, 02:36 PM

Way too much spewage.

I don't mind the pf cap, but I'd usually just call and see if MP2 caps. If you are gonna check this flop, you have to fold for 2 back to you. You have 0 piece of this flop. Not even a backdoor flush draw.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:40 PM

I think he's saying he doesn't like your preflop, flop, or turn action. Personally, for those 3 streets, it goes from marginal to bad to really bad.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep
Old 02-20-2006, 03:31 PM

fold the flop.