Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: 3bet/fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worst thread ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

why? are you suggesting this hand is mundane/standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

The river play is between calling the raise and 3bet/calling a cap. There is no other line worth discussing here. Not showing this hand down, playing online, when all you have is a stat read is just terrible poker. I can 3bet/fold this in live play vs a few opponents who I know would never cap the river unless they had the nuts becuz ive played with them long enough to know their game/tendencies. 3bet/folding against someone you really dont even know is just retarded.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worst thread ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The river play is between calling the raise and 3bet/calling a cap. There is no other line worth discussing here. Not showing this hand down, playing online, when all you have is a stat read is just terrible poker. I can 3bet/fold this in live play vs a few opponents who I know would never cap the river unless they had the nuts becuz ive played with them long enough to know their game/tendencies. 3bet/folding against someone you really dont even know is just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i guess i disagree.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

Anyone who thinks that you're winning this hand >8% after he caps is a dreamer.

[ QUOTE ]
1. the fact that i didn't bet the turn
2. the fact that i raised preflop.
3. the fact that i 3bet the river.
4. the fact that he seems like a reasonable opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

5. BB check/called the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop doing drugs Kwaz. Bob will always have a profitable crying call here against a relatively unknown getting those pot odds with the 3rd nut. Anyone who has played online before intuitively knows this. Since I know you play online Kwaz, I will assume you must be on drugs to suggest that folding here is the right play.

To sum things up, all that needs to be said here is this hand happened online. This mere fact alone makes the river a profitable call.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems to me he could have a worse flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerbob would never cap the river with a worse flush, so he assumes that some guy he has 150ish hands on plays the same as him. Apparently Bob believes his assumption will almost always be right since he can confidently fold getting 14.5-1. To reinforce my proclivity for sounding dogmatic, folding this river against someone online you dont know that well is terrible, and what im saying is not close, and its not debatable. This thread shouldnt even exist.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 PM

I don't like the fold.

I know too many players, even 26/17 players, who would cap the river with 76s.

If this guy's post-flop agg is set to 'spew' then it wouldn't be unheard of to see even a 26/17 guy have hit a set of 4's or something.

I'm not sure if it's as high as 8% for 76s to cap here.
But it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
And if it isn't then it's pretty close to that.

I agree with the previous post that absent a superior read, like in live-play or something, this is just not a fold that you can make against a read of 'Seems decent enough 26/17 player.'

After seeing how it played I start to think that just calling the river-raise might be best. But that probably isn't right.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worst thread ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i guess i disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

please please please stop making JasonT super folds

I almost wish he flashed As Xh [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems to me he could have a worse flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerbob would never cap the river with a worse flush, so he assumes that some guy he has 150ish hands on plays the same as him. Apparently Bob believes his assumption will almost always be right since he can confidently fold getting 14.5-1. To reinforce my proclivity for sounding dogmatic, folding this river against someone online you dont know that well is terrible, and what im saying is not close, and its not debatable. This thread shouldnt even exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

"wowie, you are very disciplined, i always call there just in case has smaller flush"
Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heheh, good joke

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

irrelivent.

btw, i will lay 2 to 1 odds that you didn't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the bet for $1000. Let me know if its on and we'll agree on how Bob can prove it.

Bob, I don't fold this but its not that bad and if I was sure it wasn't that bad I just wouldn't post about it.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-07-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To sum things up, all that needs to be said here is this hand happened online. This mere fact alone makes the river a profitable call.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need for you to respond to any hand like this. We'll just put down a permanent absentee vote for you that you're never raise/folding online.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heheh, good joke

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

irrelivent.

btw, i will lay 2 to 1 odds that you didn't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the bet for $1000. Let me know if its on and we'll agree on how Bob can prove it.

Bob, I don't fold this but its not that bad and if I was sure it wasn't that bad I just wouldn't post about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

DD,
You may be right, but I think that this is good spot to talk about and so I posted it. I assume most just insta-call here, and I am not convinced that it is correct.