FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: pseudo-celebrity moving into my apartment

SNOOCHIE BOOCHIES!

Yugoslav
Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there really wasn't too much point to this post, except maybe to spark some discussion on how much drugs you have to do to be renting a house 10 years after you hit it relatively big.

[/ QUOTE ]
How much do you really think he made? Its not like he was ever commanding top dollar and he really didn't get that much work.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah, but reading those links, I was surprised to see how many movies and projects he was in.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but reading those links, I was surprised to see how many movies and projects he was in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was more surprised to see just how often he was broke - almost continuously.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a site with links to all 9 parts of "Me and My Shadow" - just in case anyone else is having problems getting to the other chapters on SilentBobSpeaks... Very interesting read.

http://www.ryanwaddell.com/2006/04/1...nd-his-shadow/

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...
Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He also used to live with Kevin and his wife, but moved out at Kevins wifes request when something happened relating to Kevins daughter"

This was long ago, before Mewes got clean. "relating to Kevin's daughter" means "was never around for her after he promised to be on several occasions," not anything perverted, which is kinda how it came across. He was invited back and has lived with Kevin and family ever since.

The full story of Mewes's rehab starts here http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=235 and is a few parts long. It is one of the saddest things I have ever read, and I recommend it to anyone that has the "why don't you just quit, pussy" mentality about being hooked on drugs. It also showcases how awesome of a writer Kevin Smith is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this the last time it was linked in oot. IIRC about a year ago. Wow what a read.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM

I just wasted a lot of time at work reading all of that. Cool read.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there really wasn't too much point to this post, except maybe to spark some discussion on how much drugs you have to do to be renting a house 10 years after you hit it relatively big.

[/ QUOTE ]
How much do you really think he made? Its not like he was ever commanding top dollar and he really didn't get that much work.

[/ QUOTE ]

according to one source:

In fact, Jason Mewes, making his fifth appearance as the endearingly loathsome Jay, commanded the film's highest salary at $300,000.
Thursday, August 23, 2001

whatever he got paid, im sure it was a pretty damn decent salary compared to just about everyone in the rest of the US. actors are paid so much money so to be the lowest paid actor still puts him in the top 1-2% for american income.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

according to one source:

In fact, Jason Mewes, making his fifth appearance as the endearingly loathsome Jay, commanded the film's highest salary at $300,000.

whatever he got paid, im sure it was a pretty damn decent salary compared to just about everyone in the rest of the US. actors are paid so much money so to be the lowest paid actor still puts him in the top 1-2% for american income.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so that is probably his highest payday. I mean, we are probably looking at what 2-3 mil that hes made over almost 15 years? Yeah its a lot of money to the average guy but its not a mindblowing amount.

Also, I am pretty sure that the lowest paid actors are not in the top 2% of American income. There are tons of nobodies working for scale.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

according to one source:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so that is probably his highest payday. I mean, we are probably looking at what 2-3 mil that hes made over almost 15 years? Yeah its a lot of money to the average guy but its not a mindblowing amount.

Also, I am pretty sure that the lowest paid actors are not in the top 2% of American income. There are tons of nobodies working for scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a chance he's made 2-3M over the series. He was probably paid actually nothing (or close to nothing) for clerks, since it was a film school project IIRC. I doubt mallrats & chasing amy got him much, since neither of them were exactly high budget or very well received (financially, at least). Dogma was really his first decent budget movie, and obviously Jay & Silent Bob (which he still only made $300k for and was one of the stars of). I'm guessing his total payday for all 5 movies was under $500k.