Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Dr. Bob

[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned repeatedly, that's his win% for 3 years, because he wants you to ignore his bad years before that because he 'changed his models' so bad years aren't counted anymore LDO.
240 games is not a long-term sample size, earlier results need to be included DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a matter of contention. I'm far ahead of his ROI over a larger sample size. I'm stunned my fan base isn't as large as his. My marketing department needs to be contacted.

As an aside. There will be a post to follow about why my results aren't statistically significant and I expect to regress to high single digits.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned repeatedly, that's his win% for 3 years, because he wants you to ignore his bad years before that because he 'changed his models' so bad years aren't counted anymore LDO.
240 games is not a long-term sample size, earlier results need to be included DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a matter of contention. I'm far ahead of his ROI over a larger sample size. I'm stunned my fan base isn't as large as his. My marketing department needs to be contacted.

As an aside. There will be a post to follow about why my results aren't statistically significant and I expect to regress to high single digits.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I am running at 10% this year over ~250 bets and 6% over the last 2 years over ~700 bets. Not large samples I know.

[/brag]
Old 11-13-2007, 04:14 PM

Drbob is 55.2% winners since 2003 according to his website, [drops to 51.6% if you ignore 2005 results.]

After a 3-1 week, he is 25-28-1 this year. Of course, 55.2% is still good.

Note: DrBob is running behind the purely mechanical CBB system's winrate LDO.