Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas

[ QUOTE ]
Arenas with a 32ft game winner tonight. He shot it, just turned & snarled, didn't wait to see it go in. Cocky Mofo, this dude is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

just saw the highlight. While an awesome shot, he had time to push it and get a layup. He clearly dragged ass so he could bomb a 30 footer. He'll figure out that's retarded, eventually.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM

ARENAS CHAT ON ESPN RIGHT NOW
Old 01-09-2007, 03:38 PM

40 minutes late so far. gg Gilbert.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

god i hate the nba so [censored] much. hey, lets have a ridiculous clause that lets the warriors not resign gilbert because they ARENT ALLOWED TO PAY GILBERT AS MUCH AS OTHER TEAMS WANT TO.

oh my, that went poorly. NOW THAT THE WARRIORS GOT [censored] IN THE ASS LETS CLOSE THE LOOPHOLE SO THAT NO OTHER TEAMS BUT THE WARRIORS GET THE SAME [censored] TREATMENT.

rj
Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
god i hate the nba so [censored] much. hey, lets have a ridiculous clause that lets the warriors not resign gilbert because they ARENT ALLOWED TO PAY GILBERT AS MUCH AS OTHER TEAMS WANT TO.

oh my, that went poorly. NOW THAT THE WARRIORS GOT [censored] IN THE ASS LETS CLOSE THE LOOPHOLE SO THAT NO OTHER TEAMS BUT THE WARRIORS GET THE SAME [censored] TREATMENT.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]can you explain this or link to the story? I don't really remember it that well.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:00 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Under the old collective bargaining agreement, the salary cap-strapped Warriors were only able to offer Arenas, who was taken in the second round of the 2001 draft, their mid-level exception when he became a restricted free agent in the summer of 2003.

There was no way for the Warriors to match the Wizards' six-year, $65 million contract offer, and Golden State has since entered yet another rebuilding stage while Arenas has sprouted into a two-time all-star who totaled 40 points and 10 assists against his former team in Monday's 116-98 win in Oakland, Calif.

The new CBA includes a provision, called the "Arenas rule" by some, that makes it easier for teams to retain their second-round picks by placing a limit on how much other teams can offer during the first two years of the contract.

Blatche, who was selected with the 49th pick of the second round last June, signed a two-year contract and the Wizards hold a team option for the third, which would allow them to match any offers made by other teams.

from the washington post.

rj
Old 01-09-2007, 06:22 PM

Well, you can blame the nba if it's convenient, but it's my boy Mullin who's the real culprit.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[i]the salary cap-strapped Warriors

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key point that you're overlooking imo. If a team doesn't manage the salary cap well and is close to going over it, and they have a guy that becomes a FA, why should they be able to offer the guy as much as a team that has managed the cap well and has much more room under the cap? Seems to me like a case of rewarding the teams that deserve it more.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the salary cap-strapped Warriors

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key point that you're overlooking imo. If a team doesn't manage the salary cap well and is close to going over it, and they have a guy that becomes a FA, why should they be able to offer the guy as much as a team that has managed the cap well and has much more room under the cap? Seems to me like a case of rewarding the teams that deserve it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you follow the NBA at all?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM

Chakri (Dallas,TX):: I recall reading on your NBA.com blog that you couldn't find a PS3 earlier. I'm just wondering if you finally got one. What do you think of the system?

SportsNation Gilbert Arenas: I couldn't find it when it first came out. I couldn't find it on the first day, but I got 6 on the second day. But I haven't opened it yet, truthfully. I just wanted them to have them.

Los Angeles, CA: You gave my nephew your jersey before a game for his 10th birthday which has made him a fan of yours for life. How do you explain your amazing connection with the fans of Washington?

SportsNation Gilbert Arenas: When you're a fan and a kid, I know what they want, what they expect. I try to make them come true. When I was younger I used to wish I was the fan in the front row that had a drink spilled on him.

Travoris (Richmond, VA): What do you do to stay healthy throughout the year and how do you stay motivated? HIBACHI!!!!!! Stay Focused!!!

SportsNation Gilbert Arenas: When you're in a sport that's all year round, just eat right. Don't eat a lot of junk food. But I don't know why I just said that because I just ate a piece of cake. I don't look at what I do as a job. I look at it like this is my life. This is my hobby. You don't get bored with that. You get bored with a job.