Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Re: One of the \"best players on the internet\" makes this play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this hand on P5s and it got instantly deleted and I got banned, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a joke. I think an insta-delete + ban is just plain silly here..

[/ QUOTE ]

you must have no experience with the joke that is p5's...
Old 12-12-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't THAT bad. He obv thinks he's in front of you on the flop - probably cos you only called his reraise.

Why on earth did you only call the reraise here anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always call here with AA, because 90% of the time they conbet and the other 10% they check shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they end up doing exactly what you see here and then you stack them... unless ofcourse they hit a 5 outer that is
Old 12-12-2006, 09:23 PM

Come on you know you wouldn't have posted this hand if he didn't hit out on you. Besides, his play isn't that terrible. If he is restealing w/ K10 and hits the flop like he did, he isn't going to just checkfold. You got your money in good, he got lucky, it happens.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Wake up. How many times is going to be against AA?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 PM

Thank you for providing me with some much needed comic relief.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM

This is a profoundly lame BB post. You got someone to give you all their chips as a huge dog--WELL PLAYED! As far as Below's move on you, that was a very good move, against the wrong player, at the right time.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 PM

oh no, a good player doesn't know you are decent and decides he'd like to resteal, then hits top pair. big deal.

now when they do that with T9 on a J43 flop and hit a straight, that's a bbv post.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 PM

Maybe...he is repping a bigger hand? Since preflop, you only called the reraise (you are "supposed" to shove AQ+ AA-QQ---so GREAT PLAY) he thought you were weak. When you cont. bet the flop he probably thought you were std. cont. betting the flop (another good play) so he reraises allin.

This is all so standard and you played your hand so perfectly. But, you don't realize it---wtf?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me how he does this. I'd like some real discussion, this isn't a whine post. Please don't move to BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really wanted to have a discussion, you should have posted it as though you were him, shown the preflop resteal and the flop and said - was preflop ok? what do i do now?

It doesn't matter what your intent was, posting it this way ridiculously biases the kind of responses you'll get because people view the hand in the context of you calling out a "known" player. And oh by the way, here are results yso you know I got bad beat.

The way you posted this you're obviously implying, "how can he make this bad play and also be one of the best players on the internet," so everyone who reads the thread is thinking about that instead of the hand. But it's a separate discussion; he could be great and make a bad play, or good and make a bad play, or good and make a good play that you don't get. And there's huge db of his tournament results that we can look at to decide more or less how good he is.

As for the hand; if this was a good *time* to resteal; i.e. you're too tight when reraised or his experience with you says you'll open up a ton right after the bubble; either way maybe he has a good reason to think you'll fold a lot, then preflop is probably fine. Immediately post bubble is inherently a great time to try to accumulate chips, b/c of the way payouts strucutres work. For post flop maybe his default read is that when people call here they'll stab enough when he checks that the best way to get it in w/ top pair is c-raise. The only thing that's clear is this is a high variance play; so much else depends on reads and what below thinks he can do with the big stack he's obviously trying (maybe too hard) to build.

But instead of a thread about those things you get this thread b/c of the way you posted it.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM

When he hits a "clean" king, with an overcard kicker to the other cards that protects him from being dead to anything apart from a set, he is commited here, simple as that.

Actually, I would say BelowAbove realizes that he might still be in trouble by checkraising, amongst good players it very often used for hands in which they feel commited, yet not feeling totally good about it. He just wants to see whether he can extract some bluff bet value from hopeless hands too from time to time, whereas if he bets he will usually be up against a bigger hand if raised, and conversely will have put himself in a tough decision spot.

lars