Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
You make commitments to people and sometimes you have to suck it up and do stuff you don't want to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, like going out to a movie/show/restaurant/... that you have no desire to go to or like traveling cross country to spend a week with her family and go to her sister's wedding.

Not like fathering a child. Having a kid to satisfy your significant other when you have no desire to be a father is (1) prob not going to see the relationship make it much longer anyway, and worse yet, (2) probably gonna work out pretty badly for the kid.

I want to have a couple of kids, I'm not crazy about the silly noises or diapers either (I secretly like the Disney movies), but I very much like the idea of being a family man, and I can think of few things as potentially rewarding, though the loss of freedom is pretty terrifying.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:18 PM

yes, i want to have kids, if only so that i know that i'll have someone to play golf with for the rest of my life.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, i want to have kids, if only so that i know that i'll have someone to play golf with for the rest of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... they will be into lacrosse
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 PM

anyone, what does SLF mean? OP i also have trouble relating to kids since i have no experience with them, but figure that is just a matter of time something that change. what i like is that kids are so naive and good natured and happy, so it makes me that too.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since i have no experience with them

[/ QUOTE ]

If you may recall, I'm pretty sure you were a kid once too.
They aren't that tough imo but overall I like kids and get along pretty well with them and have a fun time with them, etc.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:02 PM

I feel about the same as OP. I like kids, but I don't know if I'm ready for the responsibility full time. I also don't fell like I have the "instinct".

That said, I'm sure it turns when you have one. I've seen it happen with friends.

For myself (an only child), I've decided I either want zero or two after knowing what it's like to care for an aging parent alone after the other has died. I don't want to burden one person with my "old man BS".

At this point, if my woman wants kids and we have one, there will be two. However, if I wind up with someone who is more career driven or otherwise doesn't want/can't have them, it won't kill me.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:15 PM

I have been married for alomost 10 years now, and never really wanted kids, but my wife did badly. I wanted to make her happy, so we tried and tried for years. After not getting anywhere we went through IVF. We ended up having triplets. They will be 2 in January. I am 40, and tired all the time. I didnt really want one, but would have been ok with it. Now we have 3. After almost 2 years with them, I cannot imagine my life without them. You say the way you feel now, I did the same. They came along, and everything changed. Not because it HAD to change, but because my feelings changed. If you let it happen, and it does, you may find your self loving it. You can still be a man, and do "man" things, but you will suddenly find that you cannot wait to get home to see the smiling faces, and the little ones running to you with thier arms wide open.....GL with whatever you decide. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We ended up having triplets. They will be 2 in January.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you planning to eat one of them on new year´s day?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We ended up having triplets. They will be 2 in January.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you planning to eat one of them on new year´s day?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I will wait till the day they try and reverse your lobotomy [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 AM

I figure there are too many people on this planet already... why should I add more? I've never heard a convincing argument to have children but I'm always willing to listen.