Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: trip report: county jail

did none of the inmates ask you to come visit them and bring stuff? (phones/veils/bombs)
Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 AM

Man, you got lucky with the food and phone call thing. Like really lucky.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. They have to feed you. They didn't have to let me use the phone, but I was polite and cooperative and calm and they knew I needed to use the phone to make bail, to get me out of their hair. They let some other guy use the phone too.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. They have to feed you. They didn't have to let me use the phone, but I was polite and cooperative and calm and they knew I needed to use the phone to make bail, to get me out of their hair. They let some other guy use the phone too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, it sounds like you got enough food and at reasonable hours. I got a carton of milk and some [censored] cereal at 5 am and then "lunch" at 10 am was half a smashed peanut butter sandwich (not even jelly).

Also, they didn't hold you 4.5 extra hours after your bail was posted. The phone thing is really a plus because I didn't know any home phone numbers by heart except my own.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 AM

lol, my jail food pwns your jail food

edit: it took a while for them to "process" my bail, but not more than an hour. by that time I didn't care anyway and just wanted to get someplace where I could sleep.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Randomly, in addition to the "do you have TB, cancer, etc" questions they ask you, they ask "do you feel like you have anything to look forward to in your life?" At the time I didn't think so, but (correctly) lied and said yes. I bet answering "no" to that question lands you in a padded room lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly not a padded room, but they may have taken shoelaces, belt, etc.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, my jail food pwns your jail food

edit: it took a while for them to "process" my bail, but not more than an hour. by that time I didn't care anyway and just wanted to get someplace where I could sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what your saying, I didn't even come close to sleeping when I was there for 13 hours.

Did you move into several different rooms? I started in one room for like 30 min-1hr until they could take my mugshot then moved to some room that was seriously like 50 degrees for like 1.5-3 hours and then moved into a third room that was a sweatbox filled with like 40-50 people and only had 3 benches and was probably 25x25.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Randomly, in addition to the "do you have TB, cancer, etc" questions they ask you, they ask "do you feel like you have anything to look forward to in your life?" At the time I didn't think so, but (correctly) lied and said yes. I bet answering "no" to that question lands you in a padded room lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They take that anyways, but if you answer that the other way you get your own cell according to some people I talked to while I was in jail. It also ends up with being ordered to see a psychiatrist though.

edit: the TV isn't even fair. People were sleeping on rolls of toilet paper in the last cell I was moved to and I never saw a clock the whole time I was in there.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what your saying, I didn't even come close to sleeping when I was there for 13 hours.

Did you move into several different rooms? I started in one room for like 30 min-1hr until they could take my mugshot then moved to some room that was seriously like 50 degrees for like 1.5-3 hours and then moved into a third room that was a sweatbox filled with like 40-50 people and only had 3 benches and was probably 25x25.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually just sat in some chairs opposite the intake desk the whole time, I didn't really move anywhere. I mean I walked over to the side of the desk to get my mugshot/prints, but otherwise I never left the main intake area. There were open cells adjacent to me, but I just sat down and watched TV. It was only slightly worse than my average afternoon. Mostly I just wanted a smoke really badly.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to keep my laces, but they did take my belt.