Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: christians FTW.

I love this site. At one moment they ridicule carbon-dating as totally subjective and unscientific:

‘Why do geologists still use radiometric dating? Wouldn’t they have abandoned the method long ago if it was so unreliable?’

And the next moment they are using carbon-dating to argue against evolution:

"With Leakey’s words still ringing in my ears, The New York Times reported three days later that scientists had re-examined two major fossil sites in Java, and found that [censored] erectus may have lived there as recently as “27,000 years ago”. (December 13, P.A1) This dating analysis, conducted by McMaster University geologists Henry Schwarcz and Jack Rink, will serve to cast further doubt on the so-called evidence for human evolution. Why? If it can be shown that [censored] erectus lived at the same time as modern man, [censored] erectus may be no more than racial variants of [censored] sapiens."
Old 06-05-2007, 12:11 AM

walk through of the museum FYP

"Imagine soaring cypress trees, the sounds of waterfalls and children playing with dinosaurs! What other surprises await?"

"...and a special-effects theater complete with misty sea breezes and rumbling seats."
noah's ark sim. obv.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 AM

My dad is a Christian and I told him about this and he LOL'd.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:47 AM

Default still not as bad as these people

MUSLIMS: 'BAN' NON-ISLAMIC SCHOOLS

DEMANDS for a ban on “un-Islamic” activities in schools will be set out by the Muslim Council of Britain today.

Targets include playground games, swimming lessons, school plays, parents’ evenings and even vaccinations.

And the calls for all children to be taught in Taliban-style conditions will be launched with the help of a senior Government education adviser.

Professor Tim Brighouse, chief adviser to London schools, was due to attend the event at the capital’s biggest mosque.

His presence there was seen as “deeply worrying”, and a sign that the report was backed by the Government.

Tory MP Greg Hands said: “The MCB needs to realise it has to move closer to the rest of the community, not away from it.

“The presence of Tim Brighouse implies Government back*ing of this report. This is very worrying. ”

Terry Sanderson of the National Secular Society said the report was a “recipe for disaster”.

He added: “Schools with even just a handful of Muslim kids will find they have to follow these guidelines because there aren’t the staff to have one set of classes for Muslims and another for the rest.

“The MCB shouldn’t try to force its religious agenda on children who may not want it. The Government needs to send the MCB packing. Schools should be about teaching, not preaching. ”

The report, Towards Greater Understanding – Meeting The Needs of Muslim Pupils In State Schools, says all schools should bring in effective bans for all pupils on “un-Islamic activities” like dance classes.

It also wants to limit certain activities during Ramadan. They include science lessons dealing with sex, parents’ evenings, exams and immunisation programmes.

The holy month – when eating and drinking is not allowed in daylight hours – should also see a ban on swimming lessons in case pupils swallow water in the pool.

When swimming is allowed, boys should wear clothing covering their bodies “from the navel to the neck”, even during single-sex pool sessions, while girls must be covered up completely at all times, apart from the face and hands.

The MCB adds that schools should ensure contact sports, including football and basketball, “are always in single-gender groups”.

Even school trips are targeted in the report, which wants them all to be made single-sex “to encourage greater participation from Muslim pupils”.

It wants Arabic language classes for Muslim pupils, and says the Koran should be recited in music classes. And all schools should ensure they have prayer rooms with washing facilities attached, it says.

In art classes, Muslim children should not be allowed to draw people, as this is forbidden under some interpretations of Islamic law.

And while the MCB insists that all British children should learn about Islam, it wants Muslims to have the right to withdraw their children from RE lessons dealing with Christianity and other faiths.

The MCB says special treatment and opt-outs are necessary because otherwise Muslim pupils will feel excluded from school activities and lessons.

The MCB claims to be the voice of Britain’s 1. 5million Muslims and was heavily courted by politicians including Tony Blair following the September 11 attacks. Its former secretary-general Iqbal Sacranie was awarded a knighthood in 2005.

But other Muslim groups criticised the report. Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui of the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain said: “There has been no discussion on these issues in the Muslim community. ”

And the Sufi Muslim Council – which claims to represent far more British Muslims than the MCB – said the report misunderstood Ramadan.

It added: “This is not what Islam or Ramadan is about. Ramadan is about training yourself while carrying on with everyday life. ”

The Department for Edu*cation tried to distance itself from the report last night, and insisted Professor Brighouse was attending the launch only in a “personal capacity”.

A spokesman said it would read the report “with interest”.

The MCB did not comment.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: still not as bad as these people

Christians tend to lose at a lot of things including things like reasoning using logic
Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 AM

I'm curious about something.

Is most of 2+2 atheist/agnostic?

I'm positive the % of people who are atheist/agnostic is higher here than in the general population, but by how much?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm positive the % of people who are atheist/agnostic is higher here than in the general population, but by how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because successful poker players are more intelligent than the average person.

Intelligent people don't seem to depend on imaginary friends as much as ignorant people.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because successful poker players are more intelligent than the average person.

Intelligent people don't seem to depend on imaginary friends as much as ignorant people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm well aware of those two points, but was wondering if anyone had numerical estimates. A poll perhaps?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MUSLIMS: 'BAN' NON-ISLAMIC SCHOOLS

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The holy month – when eating and drinking is not allowed in daylight hours – should also see a ban on swimming lessons in case pupils swallow water in the pool. Maybe I should reexamine how I am wording this article. Maybe I should just STFU in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the link idea. This 'article' may be the most dangerously ignorant thing i've read in a long time.