Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Juicy Games

I leave myself a bankroll for my current limits and risk anything beyond that. If It's a spectacularly juicy game, I could risk more and leave enough to rebuild from lower limits.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Ok lets make this question clearer. If u had six handed game and not one but TWO "Sefat's" (or me after getting bad beated 16 hours into a 24 hour session) wouldnt you be willing to risk half of your bankroll?

I dont know if u r all familiar with sefat but right after congress announced its decision to outlaw online poker, he was sitting at a table on party. And i remember clearly while he was playing there was a 24 man waiting list for a full ten man ring game (could be a record).

At that point i had cashed out all except for 40k of my bankroll on party because i got scared about outcome or bill passing. When Sefat sat down i was down to 15k after a bad run. I still sat down although i was risking a big percentage of my online roll. Wouldnt you all have done the same? There were hand histories posted from that session in a "censored month" thread.

'
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 PM

dude, I thought u were talking about a juicy 6max game.. half your br on a fr game <puke>
Old 05-01-2007, 06:38 PM

I don't really have responsibilities so i think about 15%. If we're talkin about Sefat levels then maybe more.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:59 PM

I think some people underestimate their 'virtual bankroll.'

If I went bust tomorrow I could find some people willing to lend/stake me to get back. Because of this and not really needing the money, going bust wouldn't be the end of the world.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 PM

oh sefat

as in

poker is about to die and i lose a $30k pot to a fish

hotmark you were at this table
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Gotta be mroe specific. live or online? full? short? 3 handed? hu?

Also how are the spots weak? lagtards? conservative? one pair = nuts? bluff happy, etc.

Is your bankroll your poker bankroll? life bank roll?

How easy would it be for you to be staked? Would you recover mentally if you lost all that money? As in not life-tilt for a few months.

If I lost my entire "poker roll" i'd still have life expenses covered but I'd have to cut back on my unnecessary spending. It's a risk i'd be willing to take. Because of the fact that I don't play much, and only want to play in the juiciest best games making my time count the most, I'd be willing to sit with nearly all of my roll on the table if I was truly in a zen-like non-tilting state and clearly had the best of it.

I think this applies to people who don't rely solely on poker as their means of living. If poker is your life, I wouldn't risk more than 10%
Old 05-02-2007, 02:29 AM

If 50% is your "online" bankroll and you got more money somewhere else in real like : GO for it...
Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 AM

hotmark, in the sefat instance, i would sit with every dollar i had online. thing is, you have more money outside of poker i presume. also, you probably wouldnt have THAT much trouble securing a 20k+ temporary loan or whatever to get back on ur feet. i feel like if i went busto id have at least 5 people that would ship me 50-100k for whatever short amount of time i needed it to get back on my feet. i dno i guess online roll isnt that important as long as you have money outside poker.. but if it was all the money i had in the world, i wouldnt risk it to sit in a 2k-4k NL game with a few big fish chunking off. actually.. maybe i would..