Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: VPIP from SB
<22 4 22.22%
22-24.5 0 0%
24.5-27 0 0%
27-29.5 1 5.56%
29.5-32 5 27.78%
32-34.5 4 22.22%
>34.5 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: At the Cage

I agree with Nick with this one; why tip bank tellers or the cage workers?

Do you folks also tip the clerks at gas stations, grocery stores and WalMart?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Nick with this one; why tip bank tellers or the cage workers?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about because they tell the brush about the nice kid who gave them a redbird after winning big, and next time you come to the room you start to get preferential treatment?

Thing big and you become big.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started tipping because it just seemed appropriate. I still haven't moved on to tipping chip runners yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cage = $1 is standard for me, $5 on winning sessions.

Runners - $1 is standard, $5 if its the floor doing the running (equal parts grease). If the runner is Randal from the win he gets a sliding scale - I usually pay anywhere between $5 and $60 (this is not a typo) depending on how amazingly cool his is that day. Why? Because Randal is the #1 reason to play at the Wynn, he is the soul reason why our very loud drunken games (when they occur) never get bothered. He is my guardian angel! Gonores introduced me to him, I'll be forever in debt to him for that.

PS: This is a perfectly valid tipping thread, its a topic that hasn't been discussed before.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, up to $60? I've played at the Wynn, it was quite nice. Not sure exactly who you're speaking of, but I'll keep an eye out. I assume you are playing at fairly high limits? 5-10 NL, 10-20 NL?

thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started tipping because it just seemed appropriate. I still haven't moved on to tipping chip runners yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cage = $1 is standard for me, $5 on winning sessions.

Runners - $1 is standard, $5 if its the floor doing the running (equal parts grease). If the runner is Randal from the win he gets a sliding scale - I usually pay anywhere between $5 and $60 (this is not a typo) depending on how amazingly cool his is that day. Why? Because Randal is the #1 reason to play at the Wynn, he is the soul reason why our very loud drunken games (when they occur) never get bothered. He is my guardian angel! Gonores introduced me to him, I'll be forever in debt to him for that.

PS: This is a perfectly valid tipping thread, its a topic that hasn't been discussed before.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, up to $60? I've played at the Wynn, it was quite nice. Not sure exactly who you're speaking of, but I'll keep an eye out. I assume you are playing at fairly high limits? 5-10 NL, 10-20 NL?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

the $60 tip was actually at 4/8 (I normally play that x10), I don't play NL games. I won too many racks to carry so we gave him what was left over. Randal rules.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:15 PM

I just got back from the Borgata. I tried tipping the floor, but was told they can't accept tokes! ??

I was there for about 10 days and found the chip runners in the high limit room all but useless. They were never around when someone needed them. Either have chip runners or don't. Saying you have chip runners, but then never being able to use one when you need one, is just frustrating to players who have played in rooms with REAL chip runners. IMO-

*** I just realized that I misunderstood you. So these guys aren't really even supposed to be chip runners? I didn't know that. They called them chip runners at the Borg.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from the Borgata. I tried tipping the floor, but was told they can't accept tokes! ??

[/ QUOTE ]

next time be discrete. That is the official rule, rules are made to be broken.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:26 PM

I slipped him a green chip while shaking his hand. Can't get more discreet than that. But he returned it and politely said the floor can't accept tokes.

I also misunderstood you. I thought the guys with the carts were "supposed" to be chip runners. But I guess they're not?
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM

think about this one.

for every fishy drunktard who tips a $5 chip, thats 4 of us nits that dont need to!
Old 09-21-2006, 12:29 PM

I voted never. But I do sometimes toke when my transactions are complicated and the employee was helpful. Like when I'm changing games and coloring several racks to different chip denominations, etc. I consider myself a pretty liberal tipper, but it never dawns on me to toke for a straight cashout.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A smile and a nice attitude goes a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]