Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Portland, OR--things one must do while visting

KJS--will def. go play classic video games. they are the only ones that i can dominate at.

El D.--one of my good friends (portland native,now living in s.korea) always bragged about the exact same thing, thus my reason for wanting to go. non stripper type stippers that are suicide girlish = slice of heaven

Ja--http://andinarestaurant.com/, that the place?
if so i will check it out for sure. bad owners be damned. i know how to handle those type.

All--thanks, great ideas, should fill my time nicely. as usual you guys rule. ty. J.

p.s. will check out the movie theatre as will if time permits. great idea. hope they are playing "the king of kong"!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 PM

Lots of great suggestions here. If you're into outdoor stuff, check out Forest Park.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J,

Have you ever been to a strip club in Portland? I haven't been in a bunch of years, but when I went last (prob about 5 years ago), they were great. They were basically just like neighborhood bars where from time to time the girls hanging out at the bar drinking would go to a pole in the corner and strip. There was one cool place (a bigger joint) where they'd sometimes have bands playing on one stage with girls stripping on the other. Most of the girls weren't very "stripper-looking" but there were lots of cute punkish/rocker chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over Memorial day weekend my friend and I went to Portland and visited 26 strip clubs in a day and a half.

Our favorites:

Cabaret, downtown.

Soobies during the day for potentiallly mind-blowing lap dances.

Jody's for breakfast. Right next to Mcdonalds. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The acropolis for a nice family style salad bar.

Most of them were visited during the day and we left immediately, but plenty looked like they had potential. Most have no cover. Cabaret was kinda pricey with it's 2 dollar cover and 3 dollar beers, but probably worth it.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM

Ahh, The Acropoplis a.k.a "The Steakhouse" back during my college days for it's offering of cheap steaks. Nothing like eating a piece of meat while watching pieces of meat.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is having a really cool exhibit Body Works.

http://www.omsi.edu/
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
J,

Have you ever been to a strip club in Portland? I haven't been in a bunch of years, but when I went last (prob about 5 years ago), they were great. They were basically just like neighborhood bars where from time to time the girls hanging out at the bar drinking would go to a pole in the corner and strip. There was one cool place (a bigger joint) where they'd sometimes have bands playing on one stage with girls stripping on the other. Most of the girls weren't very "stripper-looking" but there were lots of cute punkish/rocker chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over Memorial day weekend my friend and I went to Portland and visited 26 strip clubs in a day and a half.

Our favorites:

Cabaret, downtown.

Soobies during the day for potentiallly mind-blowing lap dances.

Jody's for breakfast. Right next to Mcdonalds. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The acropolis for a nice family style salad bar.

Most of them were visited during the day and we left immediately, but plenty looked like they had potential. Most have no cover. Cabaret was kinda pricey with it's 2 dollar cover and 3 dollar beers, but probably worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,

thanks for the advice.
i am not sure if you should be my new hero or if i should reach out to you to get some help, but either way i am in awe. your record is oh so safe on this trip, but i will probably take some friends out for some fun and may do a trip report. later. J.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 AM

I just went to a bar called "Teardrop" on NW 10th and Everett downtown. They serve all pre-prohibition style cocktails.. they ferment their own tonic water and it tastes completely different than the regular [censored] on the gun. They also make their own ginger beer, bitters, etc. I would check it out after Jake's, its like 5-6 blocks north on 10th.

Edit: Review
Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 AM

OP, when exactly will you be in Pwntown? Are you coming to Portland by yourself?

This weekend Mt. Angel is having their Oktoberfest thing, which I found to be quite lame, but you may want to check it out.

The best strip clubs in the area are, in no particular order and IMO, Sunset Strip(a mere 2 mins from my pad), Mary's, Cabaret, Acropolis, and Safari Room. Everything else is basically a waste of your time, UNLESS thats what you want to do.

Curious what your answers are, as there are a wide array of things I can recommend.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely check out the The Kennedy School in the Alberta Arts district (NE, about 10 minutes from downtown).

[/ QUOTE ]I found this place to be incredibly boring. I don't quite understand all the hype. Better off going to some other McMenanmins establishment, such as the Baghdad, Blue Moon, etc. Either way, I find their beers very overrated.

OP, there are several quality microbreweries you can check out.

Pyramid has their brewery w/ a restaurant in the NW industrial area. They had a nitro amber there that was [censored] delicious. I've been to the Lucky Labrador brewery in the Pearl, which has basically zero amenities, but they have a great selection of good beers. There is also a Rogue Public House on 12th(I think). Out in SE, right by the Baghdad, there is the Bridgeport Public House. The New Old Lompoc, right on 23rd is a nondescript brewpub which makes some good stuff as well. They also play every Bosox game, if being a tard is your thing.

Depending on when you are here, you may be able to catch a Portland Timbers playoff game, which if possible, you should attend. PGE Park is [censored] cracking for Timbers games.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 PM

If you're there on a Sunday night, Sinferno at Dante's is pretty cool. It's basically a strip-variety show. Fire dancer, burlesque, aerialist, etc....

It's on 3rd and Burnside, and also conveniently located close to Voodoo Doughnuts for a 3am donut run.

Solo is also a pretty cool bar, at roughly 14th and Lovejoy.

Voleur is a fun restaurant to stop in at, the owner was big on making his own infused alcohol mixes for a while. Came up with some good stuff, and pretty unique. It's on 1st and Ash, and open late on Friday/Saturday(closed Sunday).

Enjoy!