Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: The Well - gergery

[ QUOTE ]
1) When you hung out with davebreal, were you in awe of his greatness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. He was one of the most imposing 5'6" 120lb guys I've ever seen

[ QUOTE ]
2) 4-handed aggressive online $5/$10 PLO8 game, you are UTG with A67Kss... call, raise, or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, thats borderline. i could see call/raise/fold being right depending on opponents and recent history. i suppose i raise. I'll tell you one thing --if I did raise and got called I'd make a c-bet for a tiny amount into the pot (called the "DaveBreal") for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
3) which site is/was your favorite online poker site to play on, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party for sure. softest games and i liked the graphics on their software.

[ QUOTE ]
4) how many tables do you usually play when you play online?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually 2 tables sometimes 3. I never really got into massive multitabling and can't imagine how you guys pull it off. but i also seek out and play lots of shorthanded/HU games and play fairly loose-aggressive.

[ QUOTE ]
5) how are you coping without NeTeller?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have enough at the sites for now so i don't need to add more. not sure what i'll do if/when my funds get lower, as i'm not crazy about sending more when they can't get money back easily.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Knowing ur extremely aggressive bankroll management/shot taking, what is the minimum ammount of buy ins u will play in a game with? (say u have 20K roll...biggest game(s) u will play and how many tables?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally would probably play two tables of $5-10 but maybe buy in alittle short. But that is assuming i know i win pretty steady at those stakes and that bad players are in the game. I'd probably drop down if my roll dropped to 15k and move up but buyin halfstack if i got to ~25k

[ QUOTE ]
2. What is more profitable for u? playin 8 tables of 50NLHE on FTP, or 3 tabling 100PLO8 on FTP? (assume given normal grinding hours of 2pm-6pm EST on a weekday)

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't play 8 tables of anything so hard to say. i think you find more terrible players at higher stakes in plo8 than nl tho. at lower stakes you find just as many terrible players at both.

[ QUOTE ]
3. How much of ur profit is coming from grinders? how much from random fish? (%-wise is fine)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, tough to say. majority of my profit comes from semi-regulars i'd say. random fish come and lose a lot but dont do it very often. grinders dont lose that much. but semi-regulars can lose a lot and show up a fair amount. i suspect they are nl/plo types trying out a new game or rich dudes playing in their home game who give online a once in a while shot.

[ QUOTE ]
4. How much of the PLO8 fish tank is americans (%-wise is fine), and what ramifications will the Neteller fiasco have on the game in its current state?

[/ QUOTE ]

its not so much that its americans who were maybe 60% of the players, the problem with plo8 is that it is very sensitive to player pool. say you have two tables running of 20 players. close a site and 5 of them leave. but now 2 more don't like playing shorthanded. then 2 guys leave to do something else and then 2 others realize they were above average but are now below avg. now its 4 and 5 handed, so when 1 or 2 guys bust/tilt-out the game breaks up. then people come back later and want to play no game is running, or maybe its just the shorthanded sharks left. so you had 20 guys but you take away 5 and now 0 are playing and the game collapses because you don't have critical mass anymore. nl or limit has deep base, but plo8 doesn't have that
Old 01-22-2007, 07:05 PM

ps. great analysis on USA ramifications on the game.

also...u only 2-3 table?! i cant imagine playin less than 6 tables...and i mean that very seriously
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 PM

Do you think that if there was one universal site, PLO8 could blowup?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that if there was one universal site, PLO8 could blowup?

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting question. Possibly. poker is an ecosystem, you need each level and the right ratios between each level, and fresh blood coming in. don't see it happening tho.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 AM

Just a general comment. It was your website that gave me the basic tools to get started in this game and I really appreciate that. Until then, I'd just kind of assumed that O/8 was a game for very advanced players and that I'd be hopelessly overmatched. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Hey Gergery,

Coupla newbish questions for you. I mainly play PLO8 $200 or $400 on Stars/FTP, so these questions will be for that level.

1) In a full ring game, do you generally limp or open raise strong A-wheel-wheel hands from UTG or UTG+? How about decent AAxx hands?

2) Do you cold call with good high only hands to raises?

3) Do you find the skill level required is greater for PLO/NL O8 than for LO8?

4) Generally, do you reraise good AA-wheel hands out of position? How about not so good AAxx hands?

5) Are there any good books out there about PL/NL O8? I can't seem to find any.

6) What time of day (EST) do you think the games are softest? I usually try to play from 10 PM - 2 AM, and find that games get worse afterwards.

7) Which site do you play on most?

8) What kind of Pokertracker stats (like VPIP, etc.) do you have?

9) If you play on FTP, how good do you think the pros are at PLO8? Which would you want to play with?

Thanks for any answers, GL.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a general comment. It was your website that gave me the basic tools to get started in this game and I really appreciate that. Until then, I'd just kind of assumed that O/8 was a game for very advanced players and that I'd be hopelessly overmatched. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

your welcome, glad it helped
Old 01-23-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took them down, as people convinced me I was giving away too much good info for free

[/ QUOTE ]

How much then????
Old 01-23-2007, 03:01 PM

more attractive:
Matt Damon or Edward Norton?