Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: First losing month ever. Time to start leak searching

[ QUOTE ]

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 5.25BB

[/ QUOTE ]

you beat a busted flush draw and a bunch of smaller aces. also, he's prolly bad judging from the stats and his limp so he could have anything really, say K-hi for instance. i call this river basically all the time against this player.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:02 AM

Can you look up your cont bet turn % in pt? Where?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:07 AM

No. But you can find them in PAHUD.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:15 AM

Latest DB with 56k hands

avererage number of players: 5.16 (That must mean something if you play more pots multiway than HU)

WTSD: 37
W$@SD: 54
$WSF: 44 (This is useless BTW unless you know how many is seeing the flop with you. You should win more on HU flops than on 4-way flops obviously)
Fold to river bet: 39.23

I am running at about 1.56BB/100 in that sample
Old 06-30-2007, 11:00 AM

apanage, ur wtsd is definitely on the low side as u probably know.

fwiw my stats used to be very similar to yours. My results have been much much better since I started doing 2 things a) up my went to showdown from 31-32 to 35-36. Look how high ur won money at showdown is. That means ur foldings winners or making folds when the call is a marginal one u ll lose on a lot but will still yield a profit in the long run. People in six max are so aggro u ll be amazed at what they show up with sometimes when u look them up. I guess just post more hands u call til the river and fold. Knowing which players u can showdown marginally against is also key, aka who bluffs more than is optimal or who cant stop betting until met with resistance.

Miles puts it best, in this game look for reasons NOT to fold .

and b) lower my AF a bit, there are lots of spots in six max people lose value raising becuz it kills their opponents bluffs (which is a huge part of their range) to make a raise that has questionable value to begin with. If a raise makes u think ur maybe overestimating ur equity and ud hate to be 3bet just calldown, u actually gain some EV vs calling becuz he may keep barreling when a raise makes him give up. Start by not raising TP often vs a 3bettor out of the blinds and playing passively there and in blind battles unless u flop big (2 pair or better) or pick up a draw and expect a large portion of his 3betting range to fold to ur semi bluff on a specific flop (ie alot of PPs will fold on a high board where u have a gutshot, fd, oesd ect if u raise).
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 AM

If u fold Rivers that much ppl are bluffing a lot more and even calling with the intention of bluffing the River sometimes.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 AM

Well the WSD for THIS month is 32%.I´m usually 34.5% and still have a W$SD of 58-59%.
And HU I often play very passively with good made hands for the reasons you give.
So most of your good advice is already followed.
Yesterday I made a fold that happens once in a while and maybe that kind of folds are myproblems
I´m on turn with top pair/overpair when it is a four straight board against semi-bad players in a 8-ish BB-pot.SB donks,BB calls and I fold.
The river also goes bet,bet and SB wins with second pair.
I think I maybe must improve my stamina in multiway big pots and don´t underestimate my opponents retardness.

The worst thing is that I sometimes do calldowns that are hopeless and I STILL have a low WSD.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:54 AM

I dont think that hand is a leak at all, just annoying when once in a blue moon theyre both being retarded and u folded the winner
Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard TAG like me (26/19/2.5).

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC Ongame is a 5-max site? Are you averaging maybe 4.3 players/hand?

26% is too tight for 5-max. In particular 26 - 19 = 7% calls says you don't defend your blinds enough. I made a lot of money at Paradise 5-max against players like you. I'll bet the LAG-TAGs love you.

Since I doubt you can fix this issue overnight you may want to switch sites so you can play 6-max while you work on your problems.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand is standard as hell.
Possibly c/f turn.

But yeah dude your WTSD is way too low.

My guess is you are possibly two barreling too much, (as opposed to checking turn, calling river).

[/ QUOTE ]

that's probably one of my major leaks too. but this applies to being in position. what about a way to increase WTSD when OOP? it seems hard to do given that you said a river fold or even a turn fold is fine in the posted hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason this hand was standard is there are absolutly no draws for the person to be calling you on. The only draw is he peels any two on the flop, picked up a flush draw on the turn AND decided to wait to the river. Add a draw or two to the flop, and you now have an easy c/c.

As for how to handle OOP on the turn, don't check much, but you HAVE to call down turn raises lighter. To very agro/bluffy players, you can turn defensive and c/c, c/c.. But against most, don't give up the initiative.

On a drawy board (not too many completed), mid pair is the nuts to a turn raise from a lot of players.
On paired boards + a flush draw, ace high is the nuts.

Apange, the next 5 sessions you play, make a note of every HU pot you get raised on the turn, and the player who raised you. Select 3 or 4 of what you think are the closer situations where you thought folding was the best play, and post it on the forums, I'll be glad to reply my thoughts.