Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: When you double or triple you buy-in at a table...

just don't play oop at all if u can possibly help it
Old 08-19-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find that a monster stack, combined w/ my tight image is usually enough to get me tons of respect: which I wield like a club!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the exact opposite (NL5), when I have 2+ buyins I think the other players give me too much respect, its true that they fold more easily to my bets, but I'd much prefer it if they chased to the river with middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bluff more if they are always folding LDO

I don't ususally leave but I pay very close attention if getting mixed up with a decent player who has a comparable stack.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the other big stack is a good player and to your left you should seriously consider leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't worry about the good players.. as long as there is someone bad enough with a reasonable stack, I'll stay.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when i was playing 3/6 the other day, i developed monster 400bb stacks on a couple of tables.

I then proceeded to threaten the other deep players for their entire stacks, at one point i won a 2000 dollar pot on a stone bluff.

Deeper = better if you are playing better than your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post the hand, I want to see your monster bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Renton doesn't post hands cuz he's afraid of being outed.

(kinda lame imo...you could pwn em anyway, maybe even more so cuz they would be skurred if they knew your SN, but you are more skurred of people playing back at you if they knew who you are)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's true. i've never seen renton make an OP. it is unfortunate since i'm sure he has alot to add around here already.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:33 AM

he used to...before you started posting. at that time he was the only poster who played higher than .5/1
Old 08-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Well, when I double or triple up, than the table has to be in my favour. So I happily stay and even start bullying more than I usually do, hoping someone plays back at me when I stole his blind for the fifth time in a row... When table tightens up significantly or more and more shortstacks arrive, I start thinking about changing tables...
Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, when I double or triple up, than the table has to be in my favour. So I happily stay and even start bullying more than I usually do, hoping someone plays back at me when I stole his blind for the fifth time in a row... When table tightens up significantly or more and more shortstacks arrive, I start thinking about changing tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

I find alot of times when I double/triple up i've just busted a couple of major fish and they leave. Alot of times they are replaced with tighter players and the table kinda dries up.

But if there's still a live one there and especially if he has a deep stack too, then continue on...
Old 08-20-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find alot of times when I double/triple up i've just busted a couple of major fish and they leave. Alot of times they are replaced with tighter players and the table kinda dries up.

But if there's still a live one there and especially if he has a deep stack too, then continue on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. When fishes or weak players rebuy we don't even think about leaving only because we have bigger stack now, I hope.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:11 PM

I'd like to chime in on the opposite side of this minor argument and say that there's something to be said for leaving up. I only play live nowadays so I will only speak on that but I used to (and still do somewhat) have the mindset that I'm going to stay as long as the game is good whether I'm up 2 buy-ins or down 2 buy-ins, but if I'm up big, I don't mind leaving and ensuring I finish up a healthy amount. Now mind you, this is 100NL I'm talking about, so I'm talking about leaving up $200+.

Also sometimes I'll stay until I lose a big pot, which I did last night actually. I ran good and was up to $300 after like 2 hours and decided to stay unless I dropped to $250 or so. I ended up running it up over $600 in another 2 hours or so and decided that $550 profit was good enough. I'm not worried about coming back the next time and not sitting with a bunch of idiots; they're everywhere.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never seen renton make an OP. it is unfortunate since i'm sure he has alot to add around here already.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made one of my favorite OPs ... when he posted an AIM convo ... helped me tremendously