Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: With dead money is this is a +ev call?

Becuase with no reads you can never change the range you're assuming villian has. So it's either right against the range or wrong and since the range always stays the same since you have no reads.....
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's also a known fact that unkowns have huge ranges in Micro NL including hands like a4 offsuit and trash like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think unknowns 4bet shove those hands a lot though. True I've played less than 150 hands at 25NL, but it certainly doesn't happen at 50NL and above too much and I doubt it happens that much at 25NL either.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 AM

BTW not just this thread but this one and others thanks for keeping me awake even though I should have gone to bed hours ago....saw one of my new top 3 favorite fish sitting at a 200NL table and made another 100 bucks today....$180 at the 200NL but unfortunately lost some money at the other 100NL tables I opened. Whatever....an extra $100 for a bit less than an hour cause I was still awake thanks to 2+2 threads.

2+2....very +ev.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Becuase with no reads you can never change the range you're assuming villian has. So it's either right against the range or wrong and since the range always stays the same since you have no reads.....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that is true. but with no reads u can't specify a range at all so your point is null and void
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM

it's like ok i have no reads. therefore i assign villains range to premiums tt-aa and ak. when we all know for a fact people go all in preflop with way less than this at random times
Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that is true. but with no reads u can't specify a range at all so your point is null and void

[/ QUOTE ]

I can too specify a range and I say it's mostly big pairs and AK. Obviously without reads it may be way off. But in my experience this is the best guess for his range until I have more information that can prove otherwise or at least provide evidence for it.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can too specify a range and I say it's mostly big pairs and AK. Obviously without reads it may be way off. But in my experience this is the best guess for his range until I have more information that can prove otherwise or at least provide evidence for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol so as u say u r basically guessing. and ur saying that there should be a 100% correct rule at the same time. which is an obvious paradox even if u include ur "assumption".
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 AM

Well you set the range that you believe unknowns will have. You are either + or - ev against that range so you should be doing that same thing 100% of the time.

And the range I set for unknowns in this situation is a very very very educated guess if you want to call it a guess.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you set the range that you believe unknowns will have. You are either + or - ev against that range so you should be doing that same thing 100% of the time.

And the range I set for unknowns in this situation is a very very very educated guess if you want to call it a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but ur saying that u fold aks 100% of the time in this spot. i just don't believe that is possible even if it is theoretically correct it just seems way off and doesn't account for occasional oddball shtt
Old 11-09-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but ur saying that u fold aks 100% of the time in this spot. i just don't believe that is possible even if it is theoretically correct it just seems way off and doesn't account for occasional oddball shtt

[/ QUOTE ]

I do fold AK here 100% of the time against an unknown. I have called with reads.

Make it an extra $140 cause 2+2 kept me awake and I saw a few fishies playing. I won't be able to start playing as early tomorrow, but I think it was worth it...gotta go with less sleep tomorrow I guess.