Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: 0.5-1 full house hand.....3bet turn or call

This makes sense. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What's the turn plan if we have total junk and villain just calls? Do we put in another bet on the turn or give up?

Sorry to seem so ignorant; I'm pretty much unversed in the value of value bluffs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 05:28 PM

nit = never bets without it
tag = bets sometimes without it
lag = bets too much without it
lagtag = mysterious profiteer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's the turn plan if we have total junk and villain just calls? Do we put in another bet on the turn or give up?

Sorry to seem so ignorant; I'm pretty much unversed in the value of value bluffs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well it is certainly opponent dependant because you really don't want him peeling your bet. The biggest reason for betting here (w/ any 2 cards) is FE and villain has not shown any strength. It is fairly likely that he has missed and a bet here will win quite often.. much more often than it needs to in order to be profitable. That being said, do not just blindly bet in situations like this w/out thinking about your opponent, especially if he is laggy/tricky.

W/out a hand, I would typically c/f the turn if he called my flop bet unless I picked up a big/biggish draw.

OP, I thought I replied to this thread already, but I guess not............just bet the flop. You have no way of knowing that villain will bet here.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I like checkraising better. If I bet he could just fold AJ. With a checkraise he might bet and call a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL?

So let me get this straight...

if you lead (basically repping a Q, a 2, or any PP) he will fold AJ.

BUT,

if you c/r (basically repping a 2, with an occasional Q), he is going to call the raise w/ AJ?

Please explain your thought process there.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The deeper into postflop play you get, the more important your reads are. Against an unknown, I would not continue on with a stone cold bluff, but I would be willing to bet-fold A-high sometimes because I could have the best hand if he took a loose flop peel. I would also continue to bet if I had a pair or trips (though in this specific hand, I might now check with 2x in a 6-max game because I expect villains to be aggro enough to now try to bluff at it. I don't know what I would do in a full ring game... Probably still check and then donk the river if he checks behind...
Old 11-09-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a fewer BB here than in the article, but you it's a good idea on HU play:

http://twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue35/cairns1107.html