Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: New mucked cards tool for Absolute and WorldPx/WPX/WPEX/WSEX

pakwindu, I'm a little confused about funcionality of WPEX tournaments and PT + NameThatPlayer.
The PT website states that only WPEX ring games are supported at this time, but your post on the PT forums indicates that you have all sorts of tournament functionality on WPEX.
Could you set the record straight on the extent of sit and go and multi table tournament functionality with PT + Name That Player? I don't currently own or use PT but I will probably get it if I can use it for WPEX tournaments as fully as I used to use it for Stars and Party tournaments on my old computer.
Does it give you the same ability to filter by blind level in the external gametime window and so on? Namely, does it give %100 identical information to what Stars and Party tournament histories give when imported into PT?
Old 03-10-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pakwindu, I'm a little confused about funcionality of WPEX tournaments and PT + NameThatPlayer.
The PT website states that only WPEX ring games are supported at this time, but your post on the PT forums indicates that you have all sorts of tournament functionality on WPEX.
Could you set the record straight on the extent of sit and go and multi table tournament functionality with PT + Name That Player? I don't currently own or use PT but I will probably get it if I can use it for WPEX tournaments as fully as I used to use it for Stars and Party tournaments on my old computer.
Does it give you the same ability to filter by blind level in the external gametime window and so on? Namely, does it give %100 identical information to what Stars and Party tournament histories give when imported into PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the context of my program, tournament support means the following:

1) It fixes the WPX tournament hand histories so that real player names are used.
2) It adds the tournament ID to the hand histories.

Beyond that, it's all up to PT, which I am not affiliated with. It is my understanding that PT does not yet support importing WPX tournament hand histories. (I don't personally play the tournaments, so I only test up to the point of making sure the hand history files come out correctly.)

Several users requested that I add the tournament ID (#2 above) specifically for this reason. Pat, the person who maintains PT, had said previously that he would need the tournament ID in order for PT to support WPX tournaments. I have been in communication with him, and he has committed to adding support in PT now that I have implemented the ID in NTP.

So, I guess the upshot of all this is to wait until Pat releases an updated version of PT. Then, try the demo version of NTP, import a few tournaments into PT, and see if it meets your needs.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 PM

U people are a discrace to the poker comunity. And Im surprised 2+2 supports things like this.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM

Same thing as using bots.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
U people are a discrace to the poker comunity. And Im surprised 2+2 supports things like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same thing as using bots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm... Perhaps you can enlighten us. How is a tool which simply displays the information available in the hand history files the same as a bot? Is notepad.exe a bot then?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't see that the same guy had written a "name grabber" for WSEX (I thought you were complaining about the mucked hand viewer mentioned in the threads title - sorry).
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the bump, wonder. 25% discount for you if interested. http://pankwindu.com/

P.S. You may be surprised to learn that a name grabber program is quite far from being a bot. Also, since there is no AI involved in my program, it does not violate current WSEX Terms and Conditions. (This of course may change, since WSEX GM has stated they are reviewing their T&C.)