Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Jesus Camp: WTF?

"I want to see them radically laying down their lives for the gospel, as they are over in Pakistan and in Israel and Palestine and all those different places."

-Pastor Becky Fischer

I guess that's the same as "love this" and "share that." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I want to see them radically laying down their lives for the gospel, as they are over in Pakistan and in Israel and Palestine and all those different places."

-Pastor Becky Fischer

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistaken, she was praising how Palestinian children learn to use hand grenades at such an early age. Seems a far cry from that "Jesus Loves Me" song that I remember from when I was small, but hey, with all the intrawebs, video games, and cell phones these days competing for our childrens attention, I guess summer Bible camp had to catch up with the times too. Why merely play SoCom or Grand Theft Auto when you can prepare for the eventual real war against the unbelievers?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Pastor Becky Fischer

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of puts a whole new spin on the whole "how many 5 year olds" thread.

If I'm not mistaken, she was praising how Palestinian children learn to use hand grenades at such an early age. Seems a far cry from that "Jesus Loves Me" song that I remember from when I was small, but hey, with all the intrawebs, video games, and cell phones these days competing for our childrens attention, I guess summer Bible camp had to catch up with the times too. Why merely play SoCom or Grand Theft Auto when you can prepare for the eventual real war against the unbelievers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 AM

so i just watched this and did some searching for old threads. anyways of course i am sick to my stomach and am actually scared to death of what these people have done and will do to this country.

are there any orginizations out there that one can support/join to keep these whackos at bay?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are there any orginizations out there that one can support/join to keep these whackos at bay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Libertarian Party is a start. Or if you don't mind shedding a little blood, try Kaj's Krusaders.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Yep they be nutz!

PS Where is the thread highlighting the slightly more prominent and widespread Islamic schools that have already pushed their indoctrinated children to violent action?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...widespread Islamic schools that have already pushed their indoctrinated children to violent action?

[/ QUOTE ]

And what schools don't?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...widespread Islamic schools that have already pushed their indoctrinated children to violent action?

[/ QUOTE ]

And what schools don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well If I look at just my own education, including multiple years of Catholic Schooling, I can't recall ever being told to either plan or execute violence in defence of the faith or anything else. So there are at least 6 schools that don't.

PS I am no longer Catholic. I transitioned to agnostic and am now studying Buhddism.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:35 PM

I was pretty horrified during that movie, but I realized at the end it was not too bad. Their great pastor guy turned out to be a meth head closet homosexual and their republican revolution is grinding to a halt.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS I am no longer Catholic. I transitioned to agnostic and am now studying Buhddism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever taken note of www.bswa.org? I like it a loooooooootttt.