Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: bankroll gone in 1 hour, what now

Moving up to win back money doesn't sound like a very good idea.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: bankroll gone in 1 hour, what now

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing more important in poker than bankroll management. None.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is like saying that there is nothing more important in life than looking both ways before crossing the street. Yes, if you don't, your life could end as a result. However, there is so much more to life, and for most of us, crossing the street safely is not a big concern.

I've written over 100 posts on bankroll management. People have told me that I should write a book on it. However, basic bankroll management is not a subject deep enough to warrant a book. It's hard to imagine filling an entire book with what can be said in a few minutes: c * SD^2/WR, and what the values mean.

Bankroll management is less important that crossing the street safely. Bankroll management is only for winning players. Most poker players lose, and need a budget instead. Many people blame bankroll mismanagement and variance instead of recognizing that they are not playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

pzhon, I know where you are coming from. If you are a losing player no amount of bankroll management will turn you into a winning player and therefore you need a budget to lose. This OP lost his BR in 1 hour. I don't know if he can be a long term winner but excellent BR management will let you find out. Taking shots way above your head is just a recipe for disaster.

If you just want to be a poker gambler then sure have your budget each week or month play way above your head and probably lose it. Replenish and repeat as long as you enjoy it. The OP doesn't seem to fall into that category and therefore he needs help at BR management and I do think in this case that is what he should concentrate on.

There is a whole bunch of advice on this site about BR management so I don't think we need to repeat it here.