Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: A rant from a dissapointed and frustrated Jays fan......

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with the Jays is that they can't hit or pitch as well as the Yankees or the Red Sox. The best bet for the Jays to succeed is to run balls hot or to move to another division.

Glaus has grounded into 7 dps this year
Frank Thomas is leading the Jays in OBP and is third in slugging.
I talked to Alex Rios and he said he doesn't care some times he just strikes out for fun so he doesn't have to run to first base.
Towers has the best K/BB ration of all Jays starters.
Trading guys like Glaus is really dumb because they are at the nadir (did I use that right?) of their value.

If I were to trade guys I would trade Marcum and Litsch.

[/ QUOTE ]
John Gibbons did not cost the Jays any games this year.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with the Jays is that they can't hit or pitch as well as the Yankees or the Red Sox. The best bet for the Jays to succeed is to run balls hot or to move to another division.

I talked to Alex Rios and he said he doesn't care some times he just strikes out for fun so he doesn't have to run to first base.
Trading guys like Glaus is really dumb because they are at the nadir (did I use that right?) of their value.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at looking up stats that favour Towers, or thinking that Glaus shouldn't be traded.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who analyze baseball teams by saying "x strikes out too much" "y clogs up the bases" "z isn't clutch enough" are idiots.

Posting city rankings was a nice final touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who say that "people who analyze by doing X" are idiots, are what then?

I am not a statistician by any means, but do you realize how stupid you just made yourself sound. You basically made a generalization that people who generalize are idiots. Are you really too dumb to see that?

Before I singed up for this forum I was told that Jack of Arcades was the most knowledgeabe poster, and that BobOjedaFan was an idiot and that THAY3R was only slightly better than BOF. He said I should put you and BOF on ignore right away. I guess I should have listened.

Bye
Old 08-25-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at looking up stats that favour Towers, or thinking that Glaus shouldn't be traded.

[/ QUOTE ]

K:BB rate is probably the best stat to measure pitchers. Stuff like ERA W-L are much more prone to random variation. Who are we going to trade Glaus for. This isn't a a yes or no decision trade him or not. If we could trade him for Miguel Cabrera I would do it in a heartbeat if we traded him for David Eckstien I would jump off a building.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:42 PM

hahaha BOF is the nutzzz
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a statistician by any means, but do you realize how stupid you just made yourself sound. You basically made a generalization that people who generalize are idiots. Are you really too dumb to see that?

[/ QUOTE ]

HEAD ASPLODE
Old 08-25-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K:BB rate is probably the best stat to measure pitchers. Stuff like ERA W-L are much more prone to random variation. Who are we going to trade Glaus for. This isn't a a yes or no decision trade him or not. If we could trade him for Miguel Cabrera I would do it in a heartbeat if we traded him for David Eckstien I would jump off a building.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Pudge

I don't disagree that K:BB isn't a useful stat, but I don't think Thay3r presented it for its utility. I don't think anyone is going to make the case that Towers is effective because of the stat.

I agree with your comments on Glaus. I don't think his trade value is high. It's more wishful thinking that we could trade him and one of the pitchers to get a better player.

I appreciate that you just commented on my points, and did not make this personal. I'm just throwing out comments, and if they are off then the purpose of the forum is to discuss that.

I really don't understand some of the hate and personalization I see on the threads here.

thx
Old 08-25-2007, 07:16 PM

ArcticKnight,

Yes I am a pretty big douche but also note that unlike BOF I am almost always right.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ArcticKnight,

Yes I am a pretty big douche but also note that I am almost always right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truce....but keep in mind I may very well may be an idiot. However, I don't think I've made enough posts for you to claim that with any statistical degree of confidence (LOL).
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 PM

I was just basically saying that if you think :

1. Glaus' problem is he strikes out too much.

2. Frank Thomas clogs up the bases.

3. The Jays problem is clutch hitting.

Then you are very very wrong, and sorry for expressing it in a douchey way.

As long as you are open minded about it and willing to change your opinion on these matters then I have no problem with you, and welcome to the board [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What Pudge said is right :

The only problem the Jays have is they are in a division with the by far 2 best franchises in baseball.

In fact you could even argue that if it weren't for injuries the past 2 years they would have had excellent chances at making the playoffs. Their injury problems perhaps could be an organizational problem, but I doubt it.