Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Top Chef 9/19

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I truly believe she is in the final four because of her looks and because the producers want to keep her around for the male audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the case, imo, she wouldn't have won as many challenges as she has. She'd be more in Dale's position. If you hear the judges and the people she's serving, they actually do seem to like how she cooks.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, read the blogs. People love her food.

Can you go back and find one ep where she should have been booted?

Also, I'm not sure that bravo's male audience is typically that interested in pretty girls.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 PM

Hi there Gail.

Let's do lunch.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Casey > Padma imo, this is in part factor on personality. Padma has an unfriendly intensity that I'm not feeling, whereas Casey just seems friendly and cool. Sara N. is still my fav though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely love that intensity. I love someone who seems there, in the present, fully. Padma comes off as smart and focused.

Plus, to me anyway, Padma is far more beautiful than Casey. So she wins on every count.

Unfortunately, I missed this episode, as I was watching the new Ramsey show, Kitchen Nightmares I think it's called. Was really great. Now I am going to have to catch all but the finale for Top Chef as reruns.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I missed this episode, as I was watching the new Ramsey show, Kitchen Nightmares I think it's called. Was really great. Now I am going to have to catch all but the finale for Top Chef as reruns.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

This may deserve it's own thread, but I don't think I can stand another episode. I watched this because it's basically a remake of his British show -- and one that is supposed to be smart, insightful and a complete reversal of "Hell's Kitchen,"

"Kitchen Nighmares" was garbage, I thought. Zero actual content about how he helped them turn around the place, nothing to say about whether or not the changes stuck. Just a lot of yelling.

Then again, it is Fox. But I really had hoped for something interesting.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Casey is hot, but Lia is my fav.

[/ QUOTE ]

A vote here for Camille.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I don't think Casey or Lia are even in Camille's class when it comes to looks.

Lia has got to be among the better "cleans up nice" jobs I've seen in a long time. She was resoundingly plain throughout the competition, though her personality gave her some charm that raised her level of attractiveness notably. But when they had the temporary restaurants episode, she was looking much better than her previous level.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:12 PM

I would think that Casey is pretty objectively attractive. That is unless you have a thing against white girls.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

This may deserve it's own thread, but I don't think I can stand another episode. I watched this because it's basically a remake of his British show -- and one that is supposed to be smart, insightful and a complete reversal of "Hell's Kitchen,"

"Kitchen Nighmares" was garbage, I thought. Zero actual content about how he helped them turn around the place, nothing to say about whether or not the changes stuck. Just a lot of yelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one on fox, I have not seen, kitchen nightmares, the british version is very good, its on BBC america pretty regularly.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt just the opposite, but I'm sure my expectations were far different. For one, I never saw the other show, so can't see or feel this one as a come-down in comparison.

I did think that the new restaurant concept and new menu handed out was basically a "gimme," and I wished that the actual restauranteurs had looked involved in it. Whether the changes stuck or not is I don't think a fair criteria, as the show moves on. It's not about a year in the life, or even a month in the life, and I don't think it even can be. The show has to move on. The only way to see if the changes really stick is to come back at least a good number of months later.

The yelling part was, well, a big part of the problem, so they might as well show it. It was hardly Jerry Springer, but it showed how far gone the folks were. Frankly, I was expecting worse. Given Ramsey's rep, he seemed to show remarkable restraint.

If future episodes just have the restaurant's changes be such a free "gimme" from Ramsey -- basically he just comes into a screwball place and turns it into a Ramsey restaurant by another name -- then the show will always be missing a lot of potential interest. But I'm not willing to write the thing off yet, by far.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think that Casey is pretty objectively attractive. That is unless you have a thing against white girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said she wasn't. I think her face is pretty but notably plain, though, and looks much better or worse depending on how she is shot. Padma outshines her very easily, and I think Camille does too.

Doesn't mean Casey is bad, but she doesn't strike me as anywhere near their level.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Casey > Padma zomg! I cannot disagree more!

Padma has actually grown on me personality wise, and that she is incredibly hot, she's the one I would most like to bang and it's not very close.

Theory just put forth by co-worker: Dale wants to bang Hung and knows he cannot, and all his lame "Hung is an [censored]" comments stem from this. I think there is merit in this. Or Dale is actually just really lame.

-Al