Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: 50K Buy-in WSOP H.O.R.S.E Tourney

[ QUOTE ]
Very very big.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ... OMINOUS!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:03 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

My guess was $7.5 million.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an advertisement gimick for Harrahs. Obviously only the best players in the world will enter this event because not too many fish know how to play all these games well. Also, the large buyin makes it tough for the average guy to buy into it. Only the big names will play aside from a few lower profile players. This will make for great TV and even greater commercial advertisement prices. I think we will see a really good show though

[/ QUOTE ]
What about when they edit out all the other games and just show their famous players playing hold'em?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:34 PM

Default MIXED GAMES IS THE FUTURE OF POKER!

I've been saying this for years and now it WILL happen. listen, the top pros get thier asses handed to them in big holdem games nowadays, ITS TRUE. not that they are losing players but that they cant win at a livable rate in holdem without a major contributer in the game and most of these palyers have wised up. no 250k+ a year b&m pro will play in a straight holdem ring game unless someone is throwing a party (and this happens rarely). but these same players will happily take on top tier talent (not world class) all day long in mixed games. the 2-7 crew has been grumbling for quite some time about the main event and how it is a joke. they consider 2-7 their own main event and have been asking for a big buy in mixed games title w/ rebuys. the goal is for all the big names to play in the mixed games event, talk it up, and get the fishies to make mixed thier new game of choice. once the fish become comfortable with "new games" the rapeage will go on forever because the big time pros can think up new games all day long (padugi, chinese poker, aviation, etc...) MARK MY WORDS.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: MIXED GAMES IS THE FUTURE OF POKER!

The Caesars LV WSOP Circuit event with have a 5K HOSE tournament. Hopefully that gets a good turnout.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:08 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Speaking of the $3K Tunica event, it's underway now with 49 runners, with "many name runners," according to Tim Lavalli's blog.