Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Are relationships and marriage all the rage?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the married people out there, does the thought of being with only one person the rest of your life freak you out or is it comforting... or do you just never think about it because you're too busy? The day to day aspects of marriage seem really really really hard. What do you do if you get bored with your mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have gotten married if I didn't want anything other than to be with just my wife for the rest of my life. 10 years later nothing has changed other than I love her more now than I did when we first got married.

Marriage and all it entails isn't really that complicated. The hard part is finding the right person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are not giving yourself enough credit here. Which is a welcome thing to see in anyone these days. That sort of grounded modesty actually seems like one of the most desirable characteristics in a partner, to me.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problems with my wife working. I could even be a stay home dad. But why can't I want a wife to stay home with our child during the formative years? How has that simple desire become taboo for men? How does that translate into the man wants a wife to be his cook and clean slave?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be great, in my idealized view of life, for both parents to be around in the formative years of their children. There is a harsh financial reality in most people’s lives that precludes this. The median income in the West for a white family of 4 (as of 2004 census) was $47,680. I don’t know what the rate is in LA, but $48K a year here is unimaginable to me as a SINGLE person to live on.

Part of why I got involved with an online poker player in the first place was that my work (though lucrative financially) is freelance and very unstable time-wise (i.e., long lulls, then long periods of crazed work weeks). I relish the idea that my guy will be able to travel with me, that we would be able to each be “on” when we are “on” and then have periods of laying back and enjoying life, hopefully with children in the future.

In this way, we would both be “stay at home” parents, on and off.

However, as far as being the sole person in the relationship to give up my career, in an industry that I enjoy, I doubt that I would be willing to do that. Then again, I’ve heard biology making ppl do mad things. Oh, and also I neither cook nor clean. I pay ppl to do that, so for me at least, I am not worried about the slave aspect.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Well tonight is my first step in making this goal of mine a reality. I have my first real date with a girl in probably over a year lol. Taking her to a nice dinner downtown so we can catch up on old times. I actually went to school with this girl and I went with my roomies gf to the tanning bed place so she could pick up some tanning oils for her and the roomie and she was working there so we chatted and hit it off well. Funny thing is she sent me a friend request on facebook by the time I had gotten home so I just asked her to dinner and she said yes so wish me luck tonight.

X
Old 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM

I believe in serendipity. Like how you can meet someone and just because of where you were, and that you were there when they were there, and the timing was right, etc etc, it was meant to be. This sounds like one of those things. I hope it works out for you.

Next up: tr with pics plz

gl!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:31 PM

Trip Report:

Well last night she came and met me at my place. Her idea. She said there was no reason for me to back track going out to her place to get her then going to Nashville. Anyway we ate at a nice place called The Bound'ry here in town and the conversation went really well. I ended up getting the pork chop and she had the tuna there. Both were awesome and we drank some wine over the meal. After the meal we went up to the bar for one last drink and then went back to my place for a movie. Kissed her when we got home and she ended up staying the night. Nothing happened like that for those wondering but all in all I was very pleased with last night. We have made plans to hang out again later on this weekend so we'll take it from there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

X
Old 08-31-2007, 02:37 PM

X,

Pretty PUA IMO. Keep us posted. And pics of course, I mean seriously...
Old 08-31-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
X,

Pretty PUA IMO. Keep us posted. And pics of course, I mean seriously...

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq,

I havent been around in a while and I feel like a noob asking but what is PUA?

If things keep going well I will post a pic of me and the lady on here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

X
Old 08-31-2007, 02:55 PM

X,

You are a PUA. Embrace it. Looking forward to continued relationship development and pics.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
X,

You are a PUA. Embrace it. Looking forward to continued relationship development and pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I got it. Pick up artist. lol. I really like this girl though so we'll see what happens over the next few days and weeks.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 PM

X,

It appears that this guy is using a close derivative of your avatar. Who had dibs and are you comfortable with this?