Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: I will live exactly and completly as god tells me to from now on

Don't worry if your prayer doesn't get answered soon. I'm sure your prayer is very important to Him, and He will be back shortly after he decides whose life should be ruined this week.
Have you ever tried this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM

I know it's not your point, but even if he did this you wouldn't follow everything he told you as you claim.

I don't claim to know God's motivations for doing things the way he does, but figuring out reasonable explanations for why he doesn't communicate directly isn't hard at all even for a non-believer.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it's not your point, but even if he did this you wouldn't follow everything he told you as you claim.

I don't claim to know God's motivations for doing things the way he does, but figuring out reasonable explanations for why he doesn't communicate directly isn't hard at all even for a non-believer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this word means what you think it does.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 AM

This OP is in fact too nice to theists and gives undo credit to people who claim to have spoken to god or some higher being. Even if you think you spoke to god or to an angel, it is unlikely that you will be able to know with any kind of certainty that it wasn't a hallucination, or the result of some kind of insanity.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Partial quote: But, I'm pretty sure God is presently busy burning down houses.

Ephesians 2
Made Alive in Christ
1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient." . 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

John 12:31

30Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." 33He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Are you sure it's God?

See an indepth analysis of the myth, workings and nature of Satan.

http://www.rbc.org/uploadedFiles/Bible_S...satan_doing.pdf

[/ QUOTE ]

God is more powerful than Satan right? If so then he'd have the power to keep Satan from burning the houses down. We can therefore conclude that God does not want to keep the houses safe, and therefore he is still ultimately responsible.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutly 100% would. I'd be a maniac not too. When God tells you to do something you damn well do it.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the ball's in his court. As soon as he asks me to do something I'll jump right to it.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:10 AM

Still heard nothing from god so I'm opening up the offer to Allah, Budda, Vishnu, Thor, Zeus and any other gods that want me to do something for them. I will be your devoted servant and do anything you ask. Just let me personally know what you want me to do.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still heard nothing from god so I'm opening up the offer to Allah, Budda, Vishnu, Thor, Zeus and any other gods that want me to do something for them. I will be your devoted servant and do anything you ask. Just let me personally know what you want me to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddhism = listening to your heart.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:48 AM

You've already been told. Its called the bible.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddhism = listening to your heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

When my heart starts talking to me (and I'm not on acid) I'll listen to that too.

edit : It's saying "badump badump" at the moment does anyone have a translation?