Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: *** Official St Louis Cardinals to the 2006 World Series Thread **

Um -- I think the Cards are 2nd to only the Yanks in number of Championships -- I wouldn't call that no results.

B.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um -- I think the Cards are 2nd to only the Yanks in number of Championships -- I wouldn't call that no results.

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the last few years have not been frustrating? Interesting.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they've been frustrating of late, but to have Red Sox fans question the results of the Cards is kinda laughable.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they've been frustrating of late, but to have Red Sox fans question the results of the Cards is kinda laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Red Sox are 3rd in total WS titles, 3 behind the Cards. If the Sox had not won in 2004, this thread surely wouldn't be titled, "Get to the WS" with the same stacked team from the last few years.

I feel this should thread should be titled, "Should the Cards dump Tony LaRussa just before the playoffs so we can win the WS?"
Old 03-29-2006, 03:17 PM

Bust.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: *** Official St Louis Cardinals to the 2006 World Series Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
go cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The Brewers are taking the division this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
cardinals will win the division by 7+ games

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming guys. Bow down to your defending National League Champion Astros!!!!

We have an improved offense this year plus the good chance of adding a fully rested Roger Clemens to the rotation two months into the season.

The Stro's will come out on top once again when it is all said and done. And as for the Flubbies and the Brewers? They will be also-rans. The Cubs have no pitching and the Brewers are getting better, but still not up to elite levels yet. The Stro's are the best second-half team in all of baseball.

Killer B's forever.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Re: *** Official St Louis Cardinals to the 2006 World Series Thread ***

Also, it doesn't get any easier for you guys after this season either, cause we have some great young arms just about ready to break into the rotation like Buchholz, Nieve, and Patton, plus the Astros are going to sign Adam Dunn as a free agent. He is begging to come home to Houston and it will definitely happen as soon as his Red's contract is up. He might slug 60 homers playing half his games in Minute Maid.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plus the Astros are going to sign Adam Dunn as a free agent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reds | Dunn agrees to a two-year contract
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:43:01 -0800

[ QUOTE ]
The Associated Press reports Cincinnati Reds 1B Adam Dunn agreed to a two-year, $18.5 million deal Monday, Feb. 13, with the team. Dunn will make $7.5 million this season and $10.5 million in 2007. The club has an option for a $13 million salary in 2008, which it can buy out for $500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

O Rly?

Until he learns to hit a bit smarter, Dunn is overrated anyways. He is quite simply completely incapable of moving runners over or driving in runs short o fhitting the ball to the moon. He has time to learn how to hit still, but it needs to happen soon if he's ever going to reach his full potential.

Yes, I do see Houston as the favorite this year in the NL Central. I'd like to see my Reds make some sort of run, but realistically they only have one SP I like (Harang) and no bullpen arms I love. StL is aging & fragile, CHI's SPs are banged up (again!), and had an anemic offense last year, Mil is at least a year away from serious contention & Pitt is, well, Pitt. This is Houston's division by default this year IMO, even as a 90 win team.

jvs
Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plus the Astros are going to sign Adam Dunn as a free agent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reds | Dunn agrees to a two-year contract
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:43:01 -0800

[ QUOTE ]
The Associated Press reports Cincinnati Reds 1B Adam Dunn agreed to a two-year, $18.5 million deal Monday, Feb. 13, with the team. Dunn will make $7.5 million this season and $10.5 million in 2007. The club has an option for a $13 million salary in 2008, which it can buy out for $500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

O Rly?

Until he learns to hit a bit smarter, Dunn is overrated anyways. He is quite simply completely incapable of moving runners over or driving in runs short o fhitting the ball to the moon. He has time to learn how to hit still, but it needs to happen soon if he's ever going to reach his full potential.

Yes, I do see Houston as the favorite this year in the NL Central. I'd like to see my Reds make some sort of run, but realistically they only have one SP I like (Harang) and no bullpen arms I love. StL is aging & fragile, CHI's SPs are banged up (again!), and had an anemic offense last year, Mil is at least a year away from serious contention & Pitt is, well, Pitt. This is Houston's division by default this year IMO, even as a 90 win team.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

whoah there homer. whoooooooooooooooah.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:46 AM

I'm a homer because I'd like to see the home team win the 88 it'll take to win the division, but am realistic enough to realize they're probably winning 72?