Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: So I knocked a guy out tonight *trip report*

I thought it was just a place to throw up in.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I havent drank a drop tonight and honestly when I ask someone to get out of my face and then they push me, yeah I think punching the bastard is called for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't say he didn't deserve it, just the surrounding circumstances seem weak, since there's a guy who apparently has been giving you a hard time even though you left the school...um, why? Seems like there's more history, like maybe something even while you were there? I dunno.

Like I said though, when you chose to throw down, at least you did it right.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:00 AM

Congratulations, I'm proud of you.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:08 AM

You're an idiot. Anytime someone puts "fraternity" in a post, you go out of your way to sidetrack the issue and draw attention to the fact that "fraternity" was mentioned.

To the OP, you're the reason Sponger, et al, has so much ammunition against fraternities. If you're going to post about something stupid you did, don't take your fraternity down with you.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 AM

FRAT FRAT FRAT
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, you assaulted somebody tonight and decided to post testimony against yourself on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats it Dynasty. I guess when someone shoves you, you just sit there and take it?

[/ QUOTE ]

well self-defense means that you only use as much force as required to protect yourself. I dunno if you need to punch a guy with enough force to knock him out after he was in your face and pushed you. it would depend a lot on the circumstances, but yeah, by law you could definitely be fked for knocking this guy out. I'm not saying a punch could never be necessitated to protect yourself, but I would say more often than not a punch is not needed to protect yourself.

So I know you are heated...and the cool thing to say is defending yourself and knocking someone out is cool, but the law does not look at things that way. I doubt anything will happen as it was at a frat party, but posting this is not the best thing for you and I migh ask the mods to delete this if you thought anyone would know this was on here.

Also, don't be so quick to jump on those that are a bit older and wiser than yourself...they might just know what they are talking about.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:25 AM

Him shoving a guy pretty much negates that possibility.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Him shoving a guy pretty much negates that possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by this?

b/c he was shoved means that it must be self defense or him being shoved first means that no charges can be brought against him?

I would have to disagree on both of these counts if either are what you are saying. I'm not saying it would be a for sure thing that he would be in trouble, but neither of these things necessarily negates what he did and shelters him.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:50 AM

A guy who goes around yelling into kids' faces and shoving them around is no kind of role model or worth listening to.

Putting your hands on people is wrong. I don't care who does it. In fact, older people who should know better have even less of an excuse for doing it than young dumb kids, and should be judged even more severely.

I'm not talking about legal repercussions and that has nothing to do with my comment. My comment was that if anyone is worth listening to or regarding as a source of any kind of wisdom or common sense, it's not adults who never outgrew their need to bully people, or lay their hands on kids. That's a stupid abuse of authority and smacks of a craven desire to get away with doing something nasty to a kid knowing he can't do anything about it.

Turns out he could.

Not saying the KO artist had a perfect response either. But it looks like perhaps he brought some long overdue perspective and reality to a childish jerk of an adult who probably needed it.

I'm sure, though, that some things are being left out of the story that might also make a difference. For all we know, the bullying adult might have had very good reason for having a huge grudge against the OP even before the incident began, and who knows what really happened during the incident -- it sounds fuzzy to me. I have a feeling something has been left out, or many things.

However, you still don't put your hands on people. That's for punks and idiots. It takes a lot more than growing older to give a man any wisdom or make him anything other than a punk.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:56 AM

I 100% agree that adults should be held to a much higher standard in this situation and I also agree that you cannot go around putting your hands on people.

I do think the OP could have handled it differently however. Him knocking the guy out makes putting your hands on someone look small in proportion.

Like you said though, I'm sure there are many details that have not been fully revealed to let us know exactly what was going on.