Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: I thought this might be a good hand to post here...

I have a flush. I'm pretty sure I want to be raised, or at least wouldn't mind an awful lot of the time.

Seriously, what makes you so sure this is a boat/quads more often than the standard slowplayed trips?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a flush. I'm pretty sure I want to be raised, or at least wouldn't mind an awful lot of the time.

Seriously, what makes you so sure this is a boat/quads more often than the standard slowplayed trips?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how often UTG has 7x. Mostly because with his PFR of 15, I don't think he's raising a lot of 7x's from his position other than 77 and maybe A7s. Because I think a lot of his range is two broadways, some bigger pocket pairs, and some slowplayed Ax's, several of which contain a diamond, I'd hate to give him the chance to check behind again. I still like leading the turn.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont want to be raised and hes betting his whole range. im not kidding...................

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't want to be raised when he's betting his whole range. The question is why do we think he's betting his whole range?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM

when you check twice to him he bets his whole range. this is a very good general rule to go by (much more useful than thinking you're inducing 66 to bluff raise here).
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you check twice to him he bets his whole range. this is a very good general rule to go by (much more useful than thinking you're inducing 66 to bluff raise here).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not betting here to get 66 to bluff raise, you are betting to get value from [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], other pocket pairs, an otehr hands. I guess fine if you want to check the turn, but I think you have to be c/r.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 AM

maybe my experience is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different wrt a UTG raise + flop check on A77. why would he check behind anything but AA/77? do you really think he's ever checking behind two unpaired cards? never. and if he does he's going to bet when you check to him again. do you expect him to raise if he's playing a kind of wa/wb/bluff inducing line with KK (or 66)? no. but he'll bet when checked to.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe my experience is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different wrt a UTG raise + flop check on A77. why would he check behind anything but AA/77? do you really think he's ever checking behind two unpaired cards? never. and if he does he's going to bet when you check to him again. do you expect him to raise if he's playing a kind of wa/wb/bluff inducing line with KK (or 66)? no. but he'll bet when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played much poker for a while so to be honest I dont' really know. I guess I maybe am not super sure about the villian's PT agression numbers. Obv if I have a read about villian bettting when checked to, then I prob c/r the turn.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also I don't consider this guy very smart at all.

[/ QUOTE ]