Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Cockroaches- I Found Ur Base (w/Pics and MSPaint)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I push past the plunger to get a sight-line, then seize the toilet brush (limited weaponry options + I refuse to take my eyes of these bastards even for a second).

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you, a little girl? Man up and step on the [censored]... or use your hand.

What's this "need a weapon" crap?

edit- after seeing that large roach picture... if they were some of those gigantic hissing [censored]-a-loches from the jungles, I could get behind the little girl action. But wussy American roaches? No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have slammed a huge ass phone book on a roach 6 times before it [censored] died before. These suckers don't like to die.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weird cuz I heard once you have them they never leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard this as well, but people have also told me that consistently using an exterminator will eventually get rid of them. Once a month for 5 years should get rid of them in most places.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming their ingress is limited, you have to get through the egg cycles. The bastards breed like nobody's business and the egg cases could survive a nuclear blast (or so it seems).

I hate roaches and take great pleasure in crushing every one I see. Then I bait my spring mousetraps with their carcasses....

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have a roach AND a mouse problem?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work in food service....
Old 06-22-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work in food service....

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in the ghetto of Miami.. we had roaches so damn big they'd make you wait your turn to take a morning dump.

I hated those damn this... seems they don't like NoCal much as I have not seen a single one anywhere since moving here 12 years ago.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you, a little girl? Man up and step on the [censored]... or use your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

LL,

Cut me some slack man! I was naked and still fairly wet! The last thing I want is to give the bastard the satisfaction of seeing me slip and fall on my ass.

Any other time and I stomp on him w/o hesitation.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Permethrin

Use it well because whereever you spray it no living bug will ever EVER exist again.

Stuff is potent

Allright look I'm editing this because I've used this stuff and it's the best thing ever. But read the last sentence it's NOT POSSIBLE the overlords are unstoppable

PERMETHRIN
The insecticide permethrin (in the synthetic pyrethroid family) is widely used on cotton, wheat, corn, alfalfa, and other crops. In addition, over 100 million applications are made annually in and around U.S. homes.

Permethrin, like all synthetic pyrethroids, is a neurotoxin. Symptoms include tremors, incoordination, elevated body temperature, increased aggressive behavior, and disruption of learning. Laboratory tests suggest that permethrin is more acutely toxic to children than to adults.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has classified permethrin as a carcinogen because it causes lung tumors in female mice and liver tumors in mice of both sexes. Permethrin inhibits the activity of the immune system in laboratory tests, and also binds to the receptors for a male sex hormone. It causes chromosome aberrations in human and hamster cells.

Permethrin is toxic to honey bees and other beneficial insects, fish, aquatic insects, crayfish, and shrimp. For many species, concentrations of less than one part per billion are lethal. Permethrin causes deformities and other developmental problems in tadpoles, and reduces the number of oxygen-carrying cells in the blood of birds.

Permethrin has been found in streams and rivers throughout the United States. It is also routinely found on produce, particularly spinach, tomatoes, celery, lettuce, and peaches.

A wide variety of insects have developed resistance to permethrin. High levels of resistance have been documented in cockroaches, head lice, and tobacco budworm.

Notice how the government tells soldiers to use as much of this as possible on their clothes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Trust big brother
Old 06-23-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LL,

Cut me some slack man! I was naked and still fairly wet! The last thing I want is to give the bastard the satisfaction of seeing me slip and fall on my ass.

Any other time and I stomp on him w/o hesitation.

[/ QUOTE ]

:P
Old 06-23-2007, 10:30 AM

Old 06-23-2007, 10:48 AM

I would hate to have a look behind those tiles in your shower, it looks like there is a ton of rotting going on behind there.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm not seeing whatever this picture or link was.